• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Silverstate Helicopters, a scam?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They currently (10/10/06) have an agressive marketing campaign going in the ATL metro area (TV and radio). The ads boast of jobs with salaries between $50K and $100K due to a huge pilot shortage. Oh boy.

I specifically went looking for a thread on this topic due to this same aggressive radio campaign that I have heard this week. I *think* their bs meeting is Thursday night at the Cobb County (Metro ATL) airport if I recall.

From what little I recall reading about the helo industry as whole the commercial raised all sorts of red flags in my little mind. They even say something like: It's cheaper than going to college and defer your loan payments until after you have a job.

A sucker is born every day they say.

Last edited:
I don't know how much a comm helo costs. But I know it is more than fixed wing, which is more than college. But hey I only went through calc one, so what do I know....

Thanks for the reply guys.

I have advised the kid to return his manuals and head set and to not sign the shiny contract.

I guess the next step would be to advise him to take a course and the written test for the FAA Private Rotorcraft ticket. A good start and fairly inexpensive with no strings attached.
Then a search for good helo schools.

I will guide him to this page for honest answers and advice.

There's a very good helo school just outside of Enterprise, Al. You will have to sign a contract but as I recall, they weren't very shiny. More an olive drab color.

http://www.united-publishers.com/rucker/command.html#1ab

Jerry Airola, I think was the owner or might still be, is running for Las Vegas Sheriff.

You are correct! Airola is a presents a slick image, but no substance. I will not vote for him.

Latest resources

Back