Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FreightGod

Just curious.

One of my neigbors, a 27 year old guy has "selected" by Silverstate Helicopters to sign up and pay $70.K for a comm rotor wing program. Then promised a job after graduation with an annual income of $52K.

Is this the real thing? Do they have a good reputation in the business?

Or some kind of pyramid scheme with their seminars and promises of great futures?

I personally have never dealt with them, However, you buddy might be better served going over to the justhelicopters.com website and check out their forum. Seems to be a LOT of Silver State bashing going on over there. A little due diligence would go a long way for that amount of money. Seems WAY expensive to me.

Few companies in this business have managed to get so hated by so many in such a short period of time, and with such good reason.

The only good thing about SSH is that intelligent students are driven to reputable schools, where they belong.

Thanks for the reply guys.

I have advised the kid to return his manuals and head set and to not sign the shiny contract.

I guess the next step would be to advise him to take a course and the written test for the FAA Private Rotorcraft ticket. A good start and fairly inexpensive with no strings attached.
Then a search for good helo schools.

I will guide him to this page for honest answers and advice.

As far as i know, corporate is making all instructors wear desert brown flight suits with "wings" and squadron patches. Also, at the airport I fly out of, they "call the ball.".... god help 'em

They currently (10/10/06) have an agressive marketing campaign going in the ATL metro area (TV and radio). The ads boast of jobs with salaries between $50K and $100K due to a huge pilot shortage. Oh boy.

Latest resources

Back