• Start date
  • Watchers 33

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We go to Madison, WI several times a month in our King Airs and Falcon 10's. The guys and gals up there are terrific! We never need to buy fuel, it's only about a 50 minute flight but we try to buy some b/c we feel that they should get something in return for their great service. And when you don't buy fuel, they NEVER get bent out of shape about it...EVER. Good people up there, very friendly and always a smile, even if they aren't happy, they still put a smile on their face for the customer.

TransMach said:
Mates,

I'm with you all in regards to Signature ... I avoid them at all costs! There is one Signature location, however, that is pretty good and that is AUS. Those folks are kind, warm and their prices are in line with industry and location.

TransMach

The people at austin were fine, nice enough. My issue isn't with them, it is with their company. With the fees they charge I shouldn't have to worry about a GPU, which I will of course pay for also. If they had five and I was number six well ok, but they only had one in a place that is in the 90's and 100's every day during the summer. The line guy was very nice and apologized, he said they need another 1 or two every day. Although when my passengers get there and the plane is wicked hot they will be displeased with me and my company, not the FBO. Will the lack of a gpu kill any future business from that client. I hope not, but stranger things have happend with fickel passengers.-kingaira90

kingaira90 said:
The people at austin were fine, nice enough. My issue isn't with them, it is with their company. With the fees they charge I shouldn't have to worry about a GPU, which I will of course pay for also..........

Some of the Signature employees are great people. Like Cindy at CRP. The problem with Signature is, they're a European company who runs their business like FBOs and aviation are run in Europe with the fees and every other misc. charge they can come up with. So, if you want European aviation here in the States...... eheem HELL NO, then keep supporting them. It won't be long till the usage fees and eveything else Europe is infamous for, as far as GA is concerned, will sneak their way into OUR every day environment.

Wanna get charged for using a VOR, intersection or an ILS? Keep using these clowns and one day before you know it there'll be taxi meters on your GPS.

Also going the other way

Vote4Pedro said:
I'm going to go the other way here. I do a lot of flying out of Jax for Navy Contract missions... flying Lear 35/36. Usually go to NAS Jax per the contract, but dump in to Jax Int'l sometimes. Signature there pretty good. Always there to greet, smiles around the desks, helpful ladies... oh, and fresh cookies and water. Nice quick turns if you need them too.
Agree with you here. I was pleasantly surprised by Signature JAX.

Don't mean to change the subject but the airports with only one FBO seem to suck the worst for corporate/charter service and fees. KSAN comes to mind...will there ever be another choice there? I have often thought about making it my mission in life to bring some competition to Lindbergh!

being a netjeter we seem to go to every signature there is.

I remember the day that MMU Lynton jet turned into signature. overnight their service went from awsome to suck.

We can all go on and on about signature's nit picking 25 dollars for this and 5 dollars for that. It all sucks.

I think NJ gets even worse from signatures because they know we have to go there and don't even try.

Madison Wisc does have one of the best FBO's. I do like Atlantic's because they seem to know their sh!t.

2 things that irk me.
Don't only have 50 channels on the tv after i just paid for all these fees and the crazy price of fuel.

When you actually get around to pulling up the gpu please actually invest in a good gpu not one that looks like it starte DC3's in WWII.

Latest resources

Back