• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sign of the times?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Because they can. Higher flight timed crew =- cheaper insurance premiums. I'll bet there will be 500 applicants

We use contract pilots on our aircraft, a gulfstream, and the owner is naming his price on what he will pay. These guys are figuring out that they have a lot of bargaining power now. It is really hurting the industry pay.

What comes around, goes around. Well, at least I hope so anyway...

Because they can. Higher flight timed crew =- cheaper insurance premiums. I'll bet there will be 500 applicants
If that's a song someone has been singing you, then you've got a terrible insurance broker. Named pilots on a policy typically eliminates the premium placed upon a policy for having nothing but a bunch of 'open pilots' shuffling in and out of the cockpit. Named pilots, they know exactly who is flying the airplane and they have their history, detailed history.
A known/named PIC can typically hire who they want and the price does not go up. If there is a 'history' with that PIC or the broker has a poor relationship with the underwriters (does not know them), then you'll pay a higher premium for the brokers' short-comings.

It's how the rich stay rich, the poor stay poor, the middle class keeps slipping lower and lower. People suck.

Latest resources

Back