• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ksu_aviator

GO CATS
God, I hope not.

I just saw a job posted on our favorite orange jobs board.

Citation FO, Miami FL

Requirements:
5000 TT
2000 PIC
1000 PIC CE550

$24,000 per year.

I don't even have those times and I know I'd go to work for the local McDonald's before I moved to Miami to work for 1/4 of what I'm worth.

Only in aviation...

Can you ever expect someone to show up for that kind of pay, and with those quals. I'm not flying right now, and have accepted a government job that starts at $48,000/yr with a pension, all fed holidays off, plus week-ends off!

I love flying, but I hate the people that take advantage of that love in any way that they can!

AWACS

Supply and demand. Right now you could put out a job opp. for a pilot to live in a tent with sand fleas in Kabul and fly refurbished ME-109's on strafing missions against the Taliban, require currency and 1,000 PIC in type, and you'd have a line out the door of qualified guys willing to go....

Supply and demand. Right now you could put out a job opp. for a pilot to live in a tent with sand fleas in Kabul and fly refurbished ME-109's on strafing missions against the Taliban, require currency and 1,000 PIC in type, and you'd have a line out the door of qualified guys willing to go....

that actually sounds like a cool job I'd want to do. Although I lack the PIC time in type.

When I read that I wished that they had a number to call so I could say "are you stupid". Those requirements should at the least be no lower than 60K a year. I would work at Wal-Mart first. At least pay is equal to the job.

It's simple economics, if they can find someone to take it they will. If they can't they'll raise the pay. I don't know how anyone could live off that kind of salary.

The mins are more than likely an insurance requirement.

it seems like the times have been around for over ten years now. I'm overseas at present and can tell you, that I just can't fly a boeing for 35,000 anymore even for a year ( i assume I'd have to start somewhere as an FO in type in US)...just can't my son is a rising 11th grader.

Latest resources

Back