• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sierra West Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You only get like 2 days off a month. You fly a lot, but don't get paid well at all? Look around a little more and reevaluate. Just my 2 cents

I was just curious about the company. With my time i cant really go anywhere. I herd they hire low time guys and might be hiring soon so i thought id ask. Thanks for the info guys.

Bobs98tlr - You got plenty of time for SW - Hell I flew with multiple FO's in the Metro and the Lear with your time.

Here's the skinny:

D.O. - Moonlights for another job and has no time to hire, train, nor the skills to have any for of communication. Oh by the way he's also known as the famous "Gear up Randy" - lol.... farking tool landed gear up and totaled a LR24 while on a training flight. Communicates like a chapped ass baboon.

Owners - Have their daughter running the company. Delightful people on a personal level but business wise - unless you are a part of the "familia" you ARE going to get dicked......... no ching for you............ no bling for you .....lol.

The fleet :

3 Metros - In various stages of disrepair.
3 Lears - Know about the two with escape hatches - lol - Highest time lear 35's in the world.
DA20 - Falcon - LOL - A "new" addition to the rustbucket fleet vintage 1966.
Hawker125 - A POS vintage 1971 that rains inside when it rains ouside
There you have it the entire fleet.

PAY:
Metro FO - $1000.00 per month gross - NO Bonus.
Lear FO - $ 1500.00 per onth gross - No Bonus.
Falcon?Hawker FO - $ 2000.00 per month - No Bonus

Metro captain - 30K/year - 18 month NON PRORATED contract for inhouse training. Bonus after 150 hours per quarter at $ 50 per hour.
Lear Captain - 36K/year - 24 month non prorated contract valued at approx $ 20,000 Bonus after 150 hours at "what you can negotiate".
Hawker / Falcon - 42K - 24 month non prorated contract valued at over $24000 bonus - same as lear.

The PROS:
1. Quick PIC turbine time

THE CONS:
1. Loss of Mental peace
2. Flirting with violations or possible accidents
3. Low morale and lower pay
4. Constant pressure to please the "company" - it has a way of taking over your life.
5. Little to no time off, no personal life and no ability to get out once in.
6. Frustration and the whippings to continue till morale hits a new low.

The times they are a changing folks. PLENTY of jobs out there............ think hard before taking what seems to be that perfect job building PIC turbine time. Perhaps that is why they have ober 100% turnover about 12 to 15 months. There are PLENTY of guys who have been there and moved on .... if you must go there remember what a good friend of mine recently surmised

"SW is like toilet paper....... use it and throw it away never to look back once you use it"

Good luck.

Owners - Have their daughter running the company. Delightful people on a personal level but business wise - unless you are a part of the "familia" you ARE going to get dicked......... no ching for you............ no bling for you .....lol.

The times they are a changing folks. PLENTY of jobs out there............ think hard before taking what seems to be that perfect job building PIC turbine time. Perhaps that is why they have ober 100% turnover about 12 to 15 months. There are PLENTY of guys who have been there and moved on .... if you must go there remember what a good friend of mine recently surmised

"SW is like toilet paper....... use it and throw it away never to look back once you use it"

Good luck.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Latest resources

Back