• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sierra West Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ACT 700 - I've flown for these guys.... no better no worse than a lot of outfits out there .... talking about "kahones".... how would you know ??? Looking at your profile you are not even typed in the beast aka SA227..... so before you talk about kahones.... being a little chihuahua nipping and yipping doesnt gain you any respect there son.... remember life is about having a work ethic,, working hard and doing what is right.... in my time there I was nver asked to do anything that is vaguely considered improper..... as far as the pay .. yes it is below industry standard, Also the douche bag DO who geared up the lear is a tool, SO F@#king what ???? Dont knock the pilots that flew there and paid their dues..... I can tell you of many flying from Captain in an American 777 to others flying GIV or V's in the corporate environment. As far as the pilots I flew with ... NEVER will I have anything bad to say about them... neither will any other pilots who have flown for this outfiit.

This does not excuse:
Below industry wages OR work environment.... but remember people do what they need to to survive.....

In conclusion.... learn to live and more importantly live to learn... bitterness and bitching and innuendos only bring down your stock.... so rise above and help your fellow pilots ... not trash talk.

PS>

FEDEX... have crashed more than one plane, so has American, United etc, etc... that means nothing.... mistakes happen and WILL happen... grow up and be objective not just a harping ninny.....

Hey, Vikaero,

I'm not knocking anybody,

but ELP-YYZ-ELP rountrip single pilot + no autopilot = NOT SAFE. I don't care who you are, or who you fly for-good or bad.

Also, you don't need to be typed to be PIC in the Metro (i.e. II).

I know a couple of you guys, you included, and we all were in the same boat-you guys had your politics/crap to deal with, we had ours.

But I never, ever accepted to do those marathons; and believe me, our $hit a$$ company pushed us all the time.
I still don't know what Part they were getting our rest times from?! Apparently all the rest we needed was 6 hours!!!

So don't take it personal, but as long as pilots accept less than standard situations (flying wise or PFT, etc...); it doesn't help the rest of us.

Good luck on the West Coast,...

It is a sad thing. Its a game of follow the leader off the end of the pier. This company didn't used to do this. Yes you had to get there on your own dime, but in the interview you flew the metro. Then if you got hired they trained and types you in the metro, but you had to move yourself to ELP, not too bad a deal. However if everybody else is doing why can't we must be what they are thinking.

How are things at Sierra West now?

Latest resources

Back