SIC Type

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flat-tire

Has anyone here gone to the FAA local office and had a SIC type put on the certificate? I was hoping to do this soon before I leave my current company. My company is a little behind on issuing the certificate.

Thanks
FT

What is it really worth?

What are the pro's to having a SIC type on your certificate? Legit question, just wondering what it will do for your career. Especially if it is other than something "Heavy". Will a CL65 SIC type on your certificate, before you leave, get you a job as a CRJ FO better than not having a "limited" type? Or do you just want more on you certificate? Just wondering how a SIC limited type will make you more marketable than having the same experience as a CRJ FO.

Why does my Chief pilot need to sign the 8710 if I have the companies training records? I try to stay out of that office.

atlcrashpad- I need this SIC type so the rest of ICAO will recognize my flight time and experience. We're the only country that doesn't type the FOs. Also my next job is not in the states.

atlcrashpad said:
What are the pro's to having a SIC type on your certificate? Legit question, just wondering what it will do for your career. Especially if it is other than something "Heavy". Will a CL65 SIC type on your certificate, before you leave, get you a job as a CRJ FO better than not having a "limited" type? Or do you just want more on you certificate? Just wondering how a SIC limited type will make you more marketable than having the same experience as a CRJ FO.

If you are planning on flying only in the US for the rest of your career, then, no it really does not benefit you at all. I am thinking about getting mine (I just left a CRJ fo position) just in case there is an opportunity to ferry one overseas in the future.

I would imagine that, if not already in the works, the US FAA will soon require an SIC type to fly SIC within the US Airspace.

As for now, it looks neat, makes the certificate longer. My backside looks empty. I want a bigger backside. In fact, I think someone wrote a song about preferring bigger backsides.

"I like big butts and I cannot lie, other brothers can't deny..."

The only reason to have an SIC type rating is so you can legally fly to destinations outside the United States in aircraft that require type ratings. Just a new FAA paperwork thang.

The FAA has just issued a change in the final rule to FAR 61.55 which requires that all Second-in-Command, who fly internationally, possess a pilot certificate containing a SIC Type Rating endorsement. The new compliance date is MARCH 6, 2006.

To help expedite the process, for those of you due for recurrent ground school between September 12, 2005 and March 6, 2006, the FAA will be on-site at the Operations Center every Wednesday, beginning on September 14, to issue the new SIC Type Rating certificates. I strongly encourage everyone else to take advantage of the FAA being at the Ops Center on Wednesdays to drop in and have your certificate updated.

Latest resources

Back