Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dsee8driver

Hey guys/gals..

I was wondering if this FAR that is suppossed to take effect on Sept 6 has affected any of you. We just got word from CP that they are sending out training records, application package and information to us so we can mail in for this new certificate. We were told we would not be able to operate outside the US without this in Sept. I have not received my package yet but from message I got, I guess we get some new certificate. Anyone has anymore info onthis?

dsee8driver said:
Hey guys/gals..

I was wondering if this FAR that is suppossed to take effect on Sept 6 has affected any of you. We just got word from CP that they are sending out training records, application package and information to us so we can mail in for this new certificate. We were told we would not be able to operate outside the US without this in Sept. I have not received my package yet but from message I got, I guess we get some new certificate. Anyone has anymore info onthis?

Word is that even though it becomes effective Sept. 6th, you have six months to comply.

You will get the SIC rating at your next sim session, not to worry, it is just a paperwork exercise.

bocefus said:
You will get the SIC rating at your next sim session, not to worry, it is just a paperwork exercise.

Company is making us fill out paperwork and send to FAA or go to FSDO and turn in.

what about a/c you flew in the past that required the captain to be typed. example be-1900? i mean if you have the training records, etc...?

EMBATP said:
what about a/c you flew in the past that required the captain to be typed. example be-1900? i mean if you have the training records, etc...?

You have to have had approved SIC training in the past 12 months in aircraft make/model.

Latest resources

Back