SIC Type rating FAR..

dsee8driver

Total Time
Hey guys/gals..

I was wondering if this FAR that is suppossed to take effect on Sept 6 has affected any of you. We just got word from CP that they are sending out training records, application package and information to us so we can mail in for this new certificate. We were told we would not be able to operate outside the US without this in Sept. I have not received my package yet but from message I got, I guess we get some new certificate. Anyone has anymore info onthis?

SabreFlyR

Total Time
dsee8driver said:
Hey guys/gals..

I was wondering if this FAR that is suppossed to take effect on Sept 6 has affected any of you. We just got word from CP that they are sending out training records, application package and information to us so we can mail in for this new certificate. We were told we would not be able to operate outside the US without this in Sept. I have not received my package yet but from message I got, I guess we get some new certificate. Anyone has anymore info onthis?
Word is that even though it becomes effective Sept. 6th, you have six months to comply.

bocefus

Total Time
You will get the SIC rating at your next sim session, not to worry, it is just a paperwork exercise.

dsee8driver

Total Time
bocefus said:
You will get the SIC rating at your next sim session, not to worry, it is just a paperwork exercise.
Company is making us fill out paperwork and send to FAA or go to FSDO and turn in.

EMBATP

looking for Patroni....
Total Time
7000+
what about a/c you flew in the past that required the captain to be typed. example be-1900? i mean if you have the training records, etc...?

CitationXDriver

Total Time
2:27pm
EMBATP said:
what about a/c you flew in the past that required the captain to be typed. example be-1900? i mean if you have the training records, etc...?
You have to have had approved SIC training in the past 12 months in aircraft make/model.