SIC program at simuflite

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ridgewoodpilot

Has anyone here heard of the supporting pilot program at Simuflite, or anywhere else for that matter. Any info is appreciated. Thanks John

I did this a few years back and led me to my current Beechjet job. You basically sit in on ground school and then fly right seat in sim for individuals who are going through the training alone. Of course you don't get paid but you meet some great contacts and future job possibilities. You just have to ask around at the different training facilities. There is no oral or practical checkride for an SIC rating, just a signed training record and 8710 form.

I used to work there. The SIC program is a great way to get your foot in the door. Basically, if you are selected, you go through an initial SIC course, and they call you when they need a 'right seater'. The cost of the initial course is covered by Simuflite. You don't get paid for doing the right seat work, but once you do enough 'training events' i.e. you show up for a certain amount of right seat work, then they will give you a type rating. If you stay there long enough then you become eligible to move into the larger aircraft and get a free type in them, (Gulfstream, Falcon, Challenger, etc.).

All in all it's not too bad a deal. A GREAT thing for a local CFI or someone looking to get a foot in the door. Like I said, you won't make any money doing it, but it's a great way to get started and to meet some people.

It truly does sound like a great program. When you gentlemen had gone for the program, did you have a certain jet type that you had specified or was this just a general program that you applied for.

It truly does sound like a great program. When you gentlemen had gone for the program, did you have a certain jet type that you had specified or was this just a general program that you applied for.

I'd shoot for a generic CE-500 type, this will allow you to fly a bunch of different types such as: Citation I, II, SII, Bravo, Ultra, Encore, Encore +

Plus, this is a great "starter" jet for those with less experience.

When I was doing my Lear initial in march there was a guy doing this. He had been there 6 months and was getting a PIC Type. Not a bad deal if you live near a center, and have another job. He started 6 months before as an SIC seat filler and now after 6 months was getting a free PIC type. I think if you stay for 12 months they would move you into the larger jets. Not a bad deal for a CFI.

I did mine back in Dallas and did not pay a dime, the day I walked in there they offered me the Beechjet. I went through the ground school and then the sims. I was a CFI at the time and did this at night, it worked out great. While there I met a few operators and kept in touch with them and last year I was offered a sweet gig flying right seat making descent money, next month I am going to get my full type.

Latest resources

Back