• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's his comprehension problem.
"FO Lee, let's see the gear."
"Yes, sir Captain, sir."
"I didn't mean for you to pull out YOUR gear. What IS wrong with you?"

Huh? Talk about problems, you've got them, primarily supreme jealousy. It's obvious.

Bye Bye---General Lee

FO at Regional.

If I had to choose between two applications, and one was a Regional FO and one was flying a 340, I could choose the Regional FO everytime. As a Regional FO, you are doing the same job you are applying for.

Look at his previous work. He has 1500 PIC in a CRJ, and lots of SIC time in that plane too. He already did that. If he has a good reason for not being at his previous job now, then continuing to fly in a complex a/c should be enough. But, you can have your own opinion, that's fine.

Bye Bye----General Lee

Let me provide the OP's quote:

The General just has to feel he is the smartest guy in the room.

As an experience member of SWA's interview team I stand by my answer.

Well hopefully he doesn't want to go to SWA, the flying is a lot like a regional even if the pay is not.

Bye Bye---General Lee

This is just a thought but since you have good total time, Part 121 experience and 1500 total PIC the Part 91 job might allow you to have the option of going to an airline as well as making contacts in the Part 91 world and maybe finding a good corporate position. You didn't say why you left the airlines (or flying altogether) but you will need to explain that. If the answer is your company went out of business or you got furloughed there is obviously no problem. The answer to your question is a tough one, I'm not sure there is a right answer. Good luck with whatever you choose to do, I'm sorry some people here had to take your thread and turn it into another Delta Vs. SW argument.

That's his comprehension problem.
"FO Lee, let's see the gear."
"Yes, sir Captain, sir."
"I didn't mean for you to pull out YOUR gear. What IS wrong with you?"

Or did the capt say, "boy, is that your second belly button?".

I digress.... I'd choose Regional time.

Every thread the General contributes to degenerates into this. What do you gain by putting words into peoples' mouths or the constant swipes at SWA?

I would say 340. It will be a new adventure. You may learn some things that you wouldn't if you went back to the same old airline gig. Maybe you will run into a corporate gig that would make Delta look like a really bad deal.

IMHO, it's six of one, half a dozen of another.

You have the boxes filled. No telling what the decision-maker is thinking. Maybe her husband ran off with a Baron owner. Maybe he thinks RJs are the scourge of the industry (even though he flew one for 6 years).

I'd go with the job that I'd be most happy with in the mean time.

This is always a good question. And you will always get varied opinions.

If you are interested in getting into the major airlines your resume will look better if you are flying for a regional. But doing anything is always better than nothing.

Best of luck.

Dash,

Yeah that's the $64k question. Considering the hiring that's bound to take place shortly (or so we think???), would your opinion change if the regional job had a two-year training contract for $20,000 (pro rated)?

--Ward

FO at Regional.

If I had to choose between two applications, and one was a Regional FO and one was flying a 340, I could choose the Regional FO everytime. As a Regional FO, you are doing the same job you are applying for.

Burger,

I'll ask you the same as Dash...since I already have 11 years experience at a regional, would your opinion change if returning to a regional required a two-year training contract worth $20k?

I've done the airline thing and based on zero accidents or major incidents, I think rather well. I would think flying a 340 and/or Baron would be a bit more challenging for airmanship but I understand what you're saying about "doing the same job."

Thank you for the opinion.

--Ward

Latest resources

Back