Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PapaGiorgio

Hello

Before I even ask this I just want to say that this conglomerate of companies has been through some strenuous times these past few months and some people maybe happy while others maybe not so happy…for the most part the fog is starting to lift and things will be settling down soon and we must all play the hand we have been dealt….So anyway,

With that being said is there anyone under these banners that can that think of the pros and cons between the two? I’m not sure what determines who goes where but if one had to choose, or could hold either of the two through bidding which one would be the best from a growth and QOL standpoint? Obviously a big factor that would come into play is where one lives, but setting that aside who’s flying do you think is more productive or has stronger route structure between the two.

Are there any projections for Brickyard to run out west with this AmericaWest/UsAir code share? I’m under the impression that if one flys for Shuttle he/she will be able to move from Delta to United day by day, sort of. As where if one goes under the Republic system you must remain there for while.

Just looking for a little info and or opinions between the two places….Thanks-

Right now things are going pretty good in both places. Republic has been a little slower getting things up and running, but they are now on the fast track. It will take them until around May of 06 to have all of the airplanes up and running from the MDA sale. Shuttle continues to grow in great numbers for Delta and a little growth for United. Delta shows great interested in Republic Holdings and per Market planning, we should have 52 departures a day out of SLC by mid April. It seems as of our last letter from BB, that the Florida bases will shrink some for the E145/E135. Delta really likes the E135 for some of the short hops around Florida and getting into EYW. our December Market planning was posted last week. There is a lot of growth for December out of CVG. Eight new cities to be exact. All E145 flying of Delta.

Once hired, the company put you in the class they want based on their needs. You really have no say so.
Good Luck!

BlackPilot628 said:
. There is a lot of growth for December out of CVG. Eight new cities to be exact. All E145 flying of Delta.

Maybe we should ask one of the 100 or so furloughed Comair guys about "growth for December out of CVG" I hope everytime you fly into CVG you think about those 100+ guys.

RCA said:
BlackPilot628 said:
. There is a lot of growth for December out of CVG. Eight new cities to be exact. All E145 flying of Delta.

Maybe we should ask one of the 100 or so furloughed Comair guys about "growth for December out of CVG" I hope everytime you fly into CVG you think about those 100+ guys.

Just like all of the growing Comair numbers thought about the 1310 Delta furloughs........Riiiight. Happy Thanksgiving. Good goes around. SAY THAT NUMBER OUT LOUD--1310.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Your right GL that puts even more tears in my beer. Is there anything we/I can do.

RCA said:
Your right GL that puts even more tears in my beer. Is there anything we/I can do.

If you are at Comair, you could have offered them a job when ASA and CHQ did......without losing the DL seniority number....like ASA and CHQ did.....have a great beer.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

BP would be good to keep quiet sometimes. CVG is barely growth. Look at the total number of flight hours cut. Yes we added a few cities in CVG, but there isnt nearly enough to cover what we lost. THe only company who is adding flyng and not losing is Freedom.

KingAirer said:
BP would be good to keep quiet sometimes. CVG is barely growth. Look at the total number of flight hours cut. Yes we added a few cities in CVG, but there isnt nearly enough to cover what we lost. THe only company who is adding flyng and not losing is Freedom.

Even though the total hours of flying has been cut. Be happy that we got some flying added and not just full cuts across the board. Freedom could have started flying to those 8 cities that CHQ had. Maybe "a lot" was not the right word to use; but, there is indeed growth out of CVG, there is no question about it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back