• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shuttle Re-entry

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"I checked out "Stages to Saturn" when I got home. Chrysler did the first stages for the Saturn 1 and 1B's. Boeing did the Saturn V S-IC stages. Both were assembled at the same place, though - the Michoud facility in Huntsville (Marshall Space Flight Center). Interestingly, that's where the current shuttle ET is built - by Lockheed Martin (just about the only space prime contractor that hasn't been absorbed by Boeing). More different people in that place than a 2 dollar hooker"

Chrysler operated the transportation barges for all of the stages.
The Michoud facility is not in Huntsville, nor is it the Marshalll Space Flight Center.

bocefus said:
"I checked out "Stages to Saturn" when I got home. Chrysler did the first stages for the Saturn 1 and 1B's. Boeing did the Saturn V S-IC stages. Both were assembled at the same place, though - the Michoud facility in Huntsville (Marshall Space Flight Center). Interestingly, that's where the current shuttle ET is built - by Lockheed Martin (just about the only space prime contractor that hasn't been absorbed by Boeing). More different people in that place than a 2 dollar hooker"

Chrysler operated the transportation barges for all of the stages.
The Michoud facility is not in Huntsville, nor is it the Marshalll Space Flight Center.

My mistake on the location. New Orleans - a long distance from Huntsville. It is associated with MSFC, however, although Lockheed Martin currently operates it. I think that that's where my confusion arose. Thanks.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/space/facility/michoud.htm

Latest resources

Back