Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Awesome information!! Thanks!!

Morning Shuttle Launch 0621

For those members that are going to be here or are already here for the Shuttle Launch in the morning, I propose to meet at the Burger king near the corner of Garden street and US1.. this is about 2 blocks from space view park... how about 0500.. by the side enterance door area..

I'll be wearing my Miami Dolphins hat.. see you there.. Last minute weather reports have concerns for fog.. but the launch is an 80% go as of this posting..

Forgot, no need for a scanner.. it will be broadcast on live speakers there at space view park.. see you in a few hours..

Unfortunately I am unable to make it. Last minute schedule change forced me to work somebody's personal day. Dang reserve line!

Sigh.. Looks like May 14 for the next one. Maybe next time. This time I am going to put in for vacay. I hope you guys have fun. Post details!

Absolutely beautiful launch this morning.. Lit up the sky and with the light unshore (easterly) winds the sound was really awesome even from 10 miles away....
Due to city contruction, I was unable to get close to the Berger King to park.. I usualy view launches from my back yard, I did manage to get close to the river .. not a cloud in the morning sky, no fog.. perfect, could watch the glow of the main engines all the way to the horizon before it left the view.. only a minute before main engine cutoff or MECO as it is called..

Hope some of you got a chance to see this in person.. it was the last time ( at this point ) to see a semi-night-time launch... the last 3 are daytime

Yeah I was looking at the schedule and saw the May 14th launch is at 230ish. I really wanted to get a chance to see a AM launch but oh well. One is better than nothing.

I woke up early to watch it on the NASA channel. Still not the same though, they always turn down the volume of the noise on launch.

I am not going to miss the next two though. Putting in for vacay for the May 14th and I got the July 29th (I think) off for vacay as well. I cant wait!

Just keep in mine that these launch dates are never in stone.. many things can cause delays.. plus, the plans of the future launches might change based on political pressures, at least we hope so..many are looking to see the remaining launches spread out and a few added launches to close the gap until the next heavy lift vehicle is developed..

We will know more when Obammy comes here next week to explain his "renewed" vision for manned space.. non of us are holding our breath though..

So all is still in order for Friday. Jumpseating down on the 13th to hang out, then see the launch on the 14th (hopefully) then still be in town until Sunday for a nice little vacation.

*fingers crossed*

Latest resources

Back