Shuttle America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ABQPilot said:
From this FWA Journal article, I would say it does not look real good for Shuttle America in Fort Wayne.

http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journalgazette/9552944.htm

Terry
"READ THE ARITCLE"! It doesn't look real good for US Airways. Shuttle America is breaking away from US Airways because they weren't making money with them, so they switched to United and started making a profit immediately with them. US Airways didn't drop Shuttle America, Shuttle America dropped US Airways and is presently amongst United's Top Dawg's as far as performance flying from their IAD hub.

Watch and see, Shuttle America will be growing again under the United flag by spring when pax loads start rebounding after the traditional winter low loads!

I hope you both are right and that Shuttle can stay in the air. Flying for two airlines that are not doing well (US Airways and United) just seemed to be stacking the deck against them.

Yes I know that the entire industry is down for the most part and the big guys are going to have to get into a mindset/business model more like SWA and some of the other low cost carriers if they want to compete. Whether it has been the shareholders (profits) or the unions (wages/benefits) that have driven up the cost of doing business, (quarterly losses) unless the upward spiral stops no one will be making any money in aviation except the bankruptcy lawyers.

Terry

Latest resources

Back