• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shuttle America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flyboyAny info on this company? Future, pay, upgrade, etc.

company:

- wexford capital owned. same investors who ownes republic holdings aka chautauqua airlines and republic airlines.
- operates as usairways express and united express.
- 20 saab340....very nice plane
- iad, pit, fwa base.
- "shuttlecraft" call sign

future:

- october 2, 2004 midnight. contract ends with usairways
- december 31, 2005 midnight. contract ends with united
- jan 1, 2006 and beyond. uncertain
- half of the saab430 a/c will be returned as the lease is up...
- by the end of 2005, a few a/c remains in property.
- attrition high.

pay:

- 22/hr 1st yr. $1 increase yearly. 72 min gar.

upgrade:

- uncertain. maybe 12 months or more.

people:

- very good folks.

all above as far as i can remeber.

rumor:

-wrong rumor...then
- jets are uncertain

the rest who knows...maybe someone knows more:eek:

if someone could pls double check for accuracy ...

Last edited:
shuttlecraft said:
rumor:

- under notice from united for performance issue. i believe 2 months.
- jets are uncertain.
Well If Shuttle is on warning then every other UAL express carrier in IAD must be also. Shuttle has been consistently at the top for weeks now. Perhaps you should be sniffing around DGS and MESA if you are looking for companies on warning.

FmrFreightDog said:
You've got to be kidding......... Low first year pay is one thing, but $1 a year??? Tell me that's a typo.
Low first year pay? Show me a turboprop operator that you start off with $22 per hour and perdiem. The list is far greater with lower pay.

And for the last 3+ years the average time to upgrade varies between 1 - 2 years. Show me another regional with upgrades that fast, once again it is easier to find those that take longer.

Flight time. Consistantly 85 - 99 hrs per month. Quality of life had been an issue, but with the new DO in place quality of life has improved and expetations are will continue to improve with his lead. And depending on seniority one can expect 10 - 16 days off per month. Seniority moves fairly well. bottom Dawg today is around middle Dawg in about a year. Attrition in past due to quality of life issues and obtaining flight time/experience and moving up to better/bigger times. Attrition is now starting to vear more towards those moving up - with some impatient and leaving I believe hastedly towards other companies with no brighter or guarranteed future.

Well If Shuttle is on warning then every other UAL express carrier in IAD must be also. Shuttle has been consistently at the top for weeks now. Perhaps you should be sniffing around DGS and MESA if you are looking for companies on warning.<<<

Amen. We are not "on warning", no matter what the AirWisc CP has been telling their new-hires (heard this from one of our former FO's who is in GS there).

If you want to figure out who SHOULD be "on warning" from U, look no further than the people who run the circus (and I use that term loosely) at the G-Gates in Dulles.

Latest resources

Back