Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Vref75

To Anyone who works for Shuttle America:

Where are the domicles for SA and where are the Senior/Junior bases?

How is like working for the company?

How's the pilot/employer atmosphere?

I am interviewing with them in the second week of April and any help is greatly appreciated.

Please email me at [email protected]

Thank you very much

I don't know that much myself, but I just interviewed there the 19th and had a letter offering me a job for the apr. 22 grnd school in the mail on the 20th.

Bases are BED (Hanscom Field, Bedford, MA), PHL, and TTN (Trenton, NJ). They told me they were also opening three new bases as well. I think they were PIT, CLE, & Toledo???.

Hope this helps.

hey Vinman,

I may be in your class on the 22nd. With your time, I was wondering if if you were going in as captain? I was interviewed on the 12th of March and received a offer 6 days later, but no class date until I called. When I called, they said to be ready for the 8th of April but most likely the 22nd.

Hope to see you soon:D

CWS,

Glad to hear it. My understanding is that their contract does not allow street captains, but that if you have the qualifications that they will train you for CA in initial training and send you to the right seat initially. Then, as staffing needs exist, move you to the left seat. I believe that they also said that their contract also required 3000 hrs total time for CA.

Lastly, the letter that I received stated a class date of Apr. 22 (subject to change). This class should be in CT, but subsequent classes may be in the new HQ wherever that may be.

"Street Captains"

Yep, they do hire street captains... They are short right now. 3000hrs plus and you are hired to go straight into the left seat and a type. Really. Trust me. :)

Bases... Trenton, Bedford, Cleveland, Pitt, and Toledo.

I P Freley,

It sounds like you know first hand. What more can you tell us? Where are the junior bases? Are they having problems with green-on-green (both CA & FO with not enough time in a/c, 75 hrs for either or) or did they get exempt? At the bases, are there crew houses or do a lot of crewmembers live there? Tell me more please.

I understand they did get the exemption, so green on green isn't a consideration... Though it may have expired by now.

As for the bases, Cleveland, Pitt and Toledo are brand new and haven't even been staffed yet, as I understand it. A lot of the senior people are going to rush over to Pitt, or so the story goes, so I would bet that Cleveland and Toledo will be junior... But right now it doesn't matter how junior you are, there's plenty of flying to go around... to the point of people timing out. If you want to fly, this is definitely a place to consider.

Oh, if you get Bedford, they have a deal with a hotel local to the airport for a cheap room. I am not personally familiar with the SPECIFICS of the deal, but it's much better than finding a place of your own out there. Unless you live there already, you can't afford it... Not on FO pay, not on Captain pay.

Got the official word today...in the April 22nd class! I'm looking forward to getting back into the Saab (never thought I'd say that!). Somehow it just grew on me.

Thanks to everyone on the board that helped with answering questions.

I P Freley,

When I interviewed, they said that Bedford would probably end up being senior in the CA seat for a bit. Is that what you would expect or has PIT helped that out? I live outside Worcester, MA and BED would work out great for me, but I also have 3000+ hrs and will probably go CA quickly. I currently commute to ORD so commuting isn't a problem, but I would also love to be home all the time. By the way, does the SA pilot contract have a commuter clause, and is the Teamster union Local 747?

English,

I will also be in the 22nd class. I guess I will see you there. Any idea how large of a class it is supposed to be?

By the way, anybody know how many aircraft SA is up to now?

Latest resources

Back