Shuttle America base in SLC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Erlanger

Shuttle jumpseater today claims a SLC base soon. Anyone know anything about this or is he BSin?

They should be getting JFK as Anderson announced moving most of Comair's flying back to CVG and giving it to them. Not saying it is a good thing for Comair, just saying.

I'm gonna throw a BS flag on that one. Anyone at RAH could tell ya that the base would actually be in Provo or Ogden instead. :erm:

I thought Shuttle only flew 16 airplanes for Delta, if that's the case how many bases are even practical?

Shuttle used to do a lot of Delta flying out of SLC, and there as no base there. Now, those Shuttle planes are hub and spoking out of LGA and ATL. SLC is too far away, and there are not enough airplanes to cover all those bases. Sounds like a case of wishful thinking.

I thought Shuttle only flew 16 airplanes for Delta, if that's the case how many bases are even practical?

Sixteen aircraft will support at least 4 bases, and Provo or Ogden might work, but you might want to think more like Tri-cities, WA or Pendleton, OR.

Latest resources

Back