Shuttle America base in SLC?

Erlanger

Total Time
13000+
Shuttle jumpseater today claims a SLC base soon. Anyone know anything about this or is he BSin?

dh2981

Total Time
unless he has his little birdy by his side, i think he is BSing

N813CA

Yeah buddy
Total Time
They should be getting JFK as Anderson announced moving most of Comair's flying back to CVG and giving it to them. Not saying it is a good thing for Comair, just saying.

chqflyer

Total Time
I'm gonna throw a BS flag on that one. Anyone at RAH could tell ya that the base would actually be in Provo or Ogden instead. :erm:

SpauldingSmails

Aboard the sloop.
Total Time
>7000
I thought Shuttle only flew 16 airplanes for Delta, if that's the case how many bases are even practical?

Minimaniac

Benevolent Dictator
Total Time
Shuttle used to do a lot of Delta flying out of SLC, and there as no base there. Now, those Shuttle planes are hub and spoking out of LGA and ATL. SLC is too far away, and there are not enough airplanes to cover all those bases. Sounds like a case of wishful thinking.

higherflyer

Total Time
>40
I thought Shuttle only flew 16 airplanes for Delta, if that's the case how many bases are even practical?
Sixteen aircraft will support at least 4 bases, and Provo or Ogden might work, but you might want to think more like Tri-cities, WA or Pendleton, OR.