• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shuttauqua

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny how on SA's site the pdf isn't working which has us wondering if it's an April Fools joke. Huge announcement that we can't read.

I was able to read it just fine. It just talks about Republic's interest in buying SA and flying the 170's. First base will be Indy and the current qualified pilots will run'em. Oh, and thanks for all of your hard work!! That's about the jist of it.

Doh! Thanks tyu and PH. I guess they upgraded the Adobe or something because mine wasn't working. I upgraded mine and it came through fine.

kntrdr said:
Its on CHQAIR website. Not only that, we already have a standing bid link up of 10 CPT & 10 FO slots for S5 170 in Indianapolis. Here it comes....bend over.

I've seen the CHQ company memo..seems more like the Shuttle guy/gals are going to get shafted.. at least in the initial stages..they'll keep flying the SAABS while the CHQ guys/gals continue to fly the 170's. Unless I'm mis reading the memo...

I've seen the CHQ company memo..seems more like the Shuttle guy/gals are going to get shafted.. at least in the initial stages..they'll keep flying the SAABS while the CHQ guys/gals continue to fly the 170's. Unless I'm mis reading the memo...

Proud Guy,

So tell me how they are getting shafted in the initial stages??? You mean they just keep doing their jobs that they were hired to do.....fly Saab 340's. Do the Shuttle guys think they are going to be given everything on a silver platter just because an OPS memo came out? I've read the memo and there is nothing about integration or a staple, or even a single union issue. Everybody needs to relax, we have no control over the situation as of right now. We are all Teamsters, and hopefully our reps will keep us informed and work well together.

Wonder if my pre-aviation foodservice warehouse carrying Teamster card means anything at all anymore. (I voted Hoffa Jr!) :p

Just funnin...although I was a Teamster (FWA 414). ;)

Anyhoo, like it or not, if we (SA) are finally accepted as family rather than the Red Headed Step Child we've always been...

Best of luck to all involved

Cheers! (from a former CHQ and current SA employee...and possibly new REP emloyee)

I agree with Chip. How are we (SA pilots) going to get screwed? Sure we continue to fly the Saabs however we have a much more secure future then we ever had. We will probably have to fly the Saab for a little while. But I would imagine we could bid off the Saab as they go away or after a pre-determined amount of time.

I highly doubt that SA management is going to continue to pay for heavy checks on 20-year-old airframes. So as they need to go to C and D checks, I bet they end up in the desert (well I guess Bangor is the place Saabs go to die). So as that happens SA pilots would be able to bid off the airplane.

This is still only in the beginning stages. I am still a little skeptical that anything good can ever happen here but I have my fingers crossed. We should not be looking at how one company is going to screw the other. In the long run, this will be good for everyone. At least Wexford will no longer be able to use each pilot group against each other anymore.

U N I T Y

The sentiment on the CHQ side of things is very strong for list integration, in addition to the fact that Allegheny-Mohawk is spelled out in our contract. There are a few loudmouths shouting staple, but they're the small minority it seems. With the small size of the S5 list and the growth resultant from this it should be a pretty painless integration, as everybody will be made realtively whole as soon as 100 more guys get hired..

..CT

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back