• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shuttauqua

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Within a few days of 140 heading out, 138, 157, and 158 are all parked in Bangor now too. :cool:

The two oldest flying Saabs, 340C (s/n 004) and 360 (s/n 006), are getting ready to hit the road too...as well as 152 being "retired" (stripped for parts).

But Super Fly is still chugging along! CHQ guys remember it as 340SF (s/n 014)...or maybe they don't since it sat for months stripped down in FWA. Then she was put together and came back to SA as 14XS...and parked again for around a year. Still flying pretty well now. For some reason I've always liked this bird. ;)

340SF was an old factory demo, that's why it has all the extra stuff and has relatively low hours, I stress relatively.

#004(340CA) is always seen on any Comair poster that shows a Saab.

those old birds all had a history.

Last edited:
deleted

Last edited:
Republic announced today it's intention of acquiring Shuttle America to place the 170's on their certificate. Shuttle's ability to operate the 170's on its certificate prior to June (when Republic's certificate is expected to be done) is the main reason. They even asked for voluteers (10 crews) to begin an idoc and short training session for Shuttle.

EMBPLT said:
Republic announced today it's intention of acquiring Shuttle America to place the 170's on their certificate.

Announced WHERE, exactly?

Its on CHQAIR website. Not only that, we already have a standing bid link up of 10 CPT & 10 FO slots for S5 170 in Indianapolis. Here it comes....bend over.

*sigh*

I'm going to hate myself for asking this...

Who, exactly, is gonna have to bend over?

(and I didn't see any mention of this on the public website, are you referring to a company website accessible only to flt crews?)

EDIT: Never mind, looked up chqair.com and found my answer. Strange how similar that site is to the SA site... ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back