• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Should US majors follow Emirates lead?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In changing their hiring mins to require time in a/c over 55 tonnes? This would exclude all RJs but would ensure that newhires have experience in big jets.

"All FO's must now have jet experience on a multi-engine Jet with a MTOW of over 55 Tonne. Based on this new minimum criteria we will not be considering further candidates with experience on smaller aircraft types. This also means we will no longer be considering those candidates already in our hold pool who fall short of the new minimum experience criteria."
They can do this if they want, no military pilot that is worth his weight would want these jobs now a days. After the majors do this then Congress should throw out affirmative action, fire all blacks hired because of the law and I'll be happy, and you'll be out of a job.

so how exactly does one get experience in a 55 tonne aircraft, should one not be lucky enough to have it already, if every single company that operates said size aircraft enforces these minima? Sounds like loop logic to me...

so how exactly does one get experience in a 55 tonne aircraft, should one not be lucky enough to have it already, if every single company that operates said size aircraft enforces these minima? Sounds like loop logic to me...

it means these applicants would have a least flown a narrow body, like 737,727,A320,DC9,MD80, etc
sounds good to me...

They can do this if they want, no military pilot that is worth his weight would want these jobs now a days. After the majors do this then Congress should throw out affirmative action, fire all blacks hired because of the law and I'll be happy, and you'll be out of a job.
Brown on his bone is not black. He is a racist who like to pretend to be black so that he can stir up more of his troll hatred. You should read his posts but ignore everything he says. It is important to be aware of people like brown on his bone so that we can oppose them. Another example of human filth is A$$carpe.

it means these applicants would have a least flown a narrow body, like 737,727,A320,DC9,MD80, etc
sounds good to me...

News flash, DC-9's are under 121275 pound (55 metric ton) takeoff weight.
As are some models of the 737

Last edited:
When no one is hiring, they can make the minimums whatever they want. Fact is, in 3 years time when things pick up and people start retiring, they aren't going to be able to get enough warms bodies in seats. Watch that requirement go right out the window.

Latest resources

Back