• Start date
  • Watchers 35

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fox-Tree – I’m not purple but may I take a guess? Please??

Is it:

Airbus FCIF "RUDDER USE FOR DUMMIES" (“dummies” a.k.a. “pilots” in Aibus lingo) 6/29/07

Am I right?

No. I'd think an FCIF with that title would have come out in say....Oct 2001, wouldn't you say?

If this guy really is Fedex, he should be able to find it in about 1 minute on the pilot web site. He shouldn't have to guess.

In another thread (Hong Kong LOA) he--propjob--has a lot of CBA information so it could be that he's just bowing out his chest a little. Still, don't know how he thought he could get that one past...

No. I'd think an FCIF with that title would have come out in say....Oct 2001, wouldn't you say?

- True, that's when it should have come out. But I think by then they were still busy looking for someone to blame the accident on. Sorry if my busphobia is too obvious. The french do make nice tires (Michelin) - does that count?

If this guy really is Fedex, he should be able to find it in about 1 minute on the pilot web site. He shouldn't have to guess.

- Very true

how did u come up with 4 yrs since the most jr anc capt was hired in 2000.....

As for the uninformed people saying things about the back of the clock and time zone changes (Like CAL doesn't fly international) don't listen to these guys. Ignorance is bliss and idiot thats have no clue give out bad info. I got recalled to Delta and bypassed and haven't even looked back. My buddy just went back and he's flying 80 to 90 hours a month hard time and bitchin up a storm. To each his own I guess.....has your buddy ever been furloughed? Where does he want to live or commute to? Be based? How much money does he want to make?

Upgrades and movement? Both have good career progression, but I can tell you first hand that the left seat at UPS in ANC is around 4 years and with a little extra flying (400 to 500) hours a year working the system you can clear 300K... thats on the low side and 4th year pay. Not bad if you ask me, but its not for everyone. With the like of skybus(who res), VA, MaxJet, EOS, and all the new douc hebag airlines that'll start up tomorrow..... you have to think about stability more than the "childhood" dream of flying pax across the pond. Thats my take on it..... the whole starting over, getting furloughed, mergers, bankruptcies ... blah blah blah... UPS and FEDEX are not the end all be all, but more stable than any other flying job out there. Good luck to your friend....

and for all you informed pilots that only think of night flying when you think UPS and FEDEX.....

the only decent airline out there I can think of that does not do all nighters is Southwest....
and remember... I said decent airline not a pos start up. And let not get started about the idiot that posted the multi time zone changes, cause that CAL 777 going from IAH to LGW always... always...... stays in the same time zone and flies only during the day :rolleyes:.[/quote]

Last edited:
how did u come up with 4 yrs since the most jr anc capt was hired in 2000.....

Brownie,

I understand that.....

Don't forget that UPS didn't hire from 2001 till the end of 2004. Thats a huge gap for this pilot group. With all the new positions and planes MD11 left seat is going to reach 4 to 5 year guys. Now with the sim mishap and training all screwed up.... this might stretch it out a bit more. A buddy of mine in the nov 18th class is only 200 numbers from MD11 ANC Capt. slot. With all the guys settled in their cushy scheds and waiting for the state side upgrade, it will go that junior. IMO its still a better deal than CAL, but thats just me......

God, I would love to fly the whale for UPS.

That is the career for me.

Perhaps MPD.

I smell a poser here. The first thing you said was:

First you're making 2nd year wide-body pay after 6 months. Now suddenly you're talking what a 2nd year FO could make. I thought you were happy with your current W-2.

Also, if you were really at Fedex, you'd know we don't have "quick bids out of the FE seat". It's been well over a year since our last bid. Anyone hired into the back of the 727 since Jan 2006 (supposedly a year before you) - is still there unless they traded training dates with someone.

Dude, give it up - you're not fooling anyone.

Want to redeem yourself in case I'm totally off base.... What's the title of the latest Airbus FCIF dated 6/29/07.

Dude, I know the guy, he is at Fed Ex. Now back to the subject.

I think the number one issue is quality of life. I would not chase the $, just my thought. At CAL our quality of life has taken a big hit, yes POS PBS. I hope it gets better, we will see.

You want job security, get people below you, that helps. but I think people will respect what you decide, in the end it is your life. Good luck!

Oh BTW, I really like it at CAL, and I have high hopes for a great contract.

Latest resources

Back