Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AZaviator

El Capitan
I was in ground school for about 3 weeks with a 121 carrier when Sept 11th happened. I was furloughed and resigned, then returned back to flight instructing with a different company shortly after.

My question is, should I even bother putting the 121 carrier on my resume? I plan on putting it down on any job application I have to fill out, however, I think it would be a waste of space on my resume and would take up space where I could put down another one of my previous jobs that I stayed at for a longer length of time.

What would you do? Any suggestions would be appreciated. :cool:

If you were an employee for the carrier during school, then it will probably list on a PRIA report to your next 121/135 job.

I would consider putting it on your resume. It shows you were hired by another 121 carrier.

Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
AZaviator said:
I was in ground school for about 3 weeks with a 121 carrier when Sept 11th happened. I was furloughed and resigned, then returned back to flight instructing with a different company shortly after.

My question is, should I even bother putting the 121 carrier on my resume? I plan on putting it down on any job application I have to fill out, however, I think it would be a waste of space on my resume and would take up space where I could put down another one of my previous jobs that I stayed at for a longer length of time.

What would you do? Any suggestions would be appreciated. :cool:

I would put that you attended ground school for three weeks and were furloughed after 9/11. Spell it out - that way it does not look like you could not hack ground school at a 121.

Kathy

I would consider putting it on your resume. It shows you were hired by another 121 carrier.
Yea, but back then they were scraping the bottom of the barrel. Do you really think it matters. Besides, if he looks for part 91 work, it may earn him a black ball.

WrightAvia said:
Yea, but back then they were scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Ouch.

Latest resources

Back