Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Steve

Curtis Malone
I have a chance at a possible job flying F/O in a Shorts SC-7. Anyone know where I can get the manual's and checklists for one? Already tried ebay and there are none. Hopeing to learn as much as I can about the plane beforehand. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Steve

It's been a few years...

I can't help you with manuals and checklists but I flew the SC7 a little.

The engines are Garrett TPE 331 (-2, I think).

We flew it up to a MTOW of 12,500#, single pilot. It's my understanding they fly it Europe with a higher takeoff weight but with two pilots.

It's a pretty simple airplane with a beefy hydraulic system: Brakes, flaps, nosewheel steering (controlled with a tiller on the pilot's side--make sure it's centered before landing!).

The deice system is TKS (I don't know what it stands for) but it's basically a "weeping wing" that pumps glycol along the leading edge.

The windscreen is deiced with isopropol alcohol.

I don't know what else to say about it--it's a very basic bare-bones sort of airplane. It does what it was designed to do very well and that's carry heavy loads off of short unimproved strips.

It is a little awkward to fly in crosswinds, as you can imagine, with the aerodynamics of a shoebox. :cool:

Good luck on the job. Have fun.

I take it you just want to familiarize yourself with the plane? Just step into any mobile home and look around - you'll be aquainted with the shorts really quick :D

Latest resources

Back