• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Short of mins for SWA, Fed ex, UPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For those of us who will fly with the over 60 group, this is my suggestion.

Buy yourself a small digital cam and put it in your flight bag. Make sure you shut off the sound to the cam. When the geezer nods off after take off(you know they will), you pull out the digicam and film a video of them. Then it is off to the FAA.... BYE BYE

Lamest idea I've ever heard. Besides, why should I interrupt MY nap time....

Originally Posted by JAM-BRO

... Buy yourself a small digital cam and put it in your flight bag. Make sure you shut off the sound to the cam. When the geezer nods off after take off(you know they will), you pull out the digicam and film a video of them. Then it is off to the FAA.... BYE BYE

Wow, I'm sure you were kidding but if not... I could never do something like that. Sure, the baby boomer generation did rape their junior pilots but I stil couldn't betray a fellow pilot... Our generation is much better than the "meee meee" generation!

Last edited:
We have re-hired a whopping total of 16 retired pilots at Southwest. And hiring numbers straight from the Chief Pilot's mouth is 300 new hires. And you are correct about the 737 type. Unless you're REALLY well-connected, you simply won't get a call without the rating.

Hope this helps...

Just my opinion, but I don't think I could get called for an interview at SWA right now and I have around 3000 turbine 121 PIC, and 1000+ of that is in an MD80. Why? I am not typed in the 737, a lot of guys with 737 time and types are looking for jobs right now, and I would assume the age 60 rule has helped fill SWA's openings with former SWA pilots. The hiring window is about closed right now after being wide open about a year ago.

No one will ever know. I know a bunch of guys in the airlines that didn't have the mins. They took some liberties with the mil to civ conversion....bada boom, bada bing...they're on with UPS or SWA. I mean, I'm only talking fudging a couple hundred hours.

nice flame.

Even if you fly for free it will often count against your part 121 flight time limitations and you would need to notify your company.

You have to ask yourself, could an appropriately rated private pilot fly those caravan flights? If not, then you are using your commercial certificate and are considered as flying for hire.

If memory serves me correctly, the FAA sometimes considers flight time as a form of compensation and has violated people even when they are "flying for free".

Latest resources

Back