• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shooting Myself in the Foot: Corporate Q's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For a road bike, yes, carbon is great. Start doing 1', 2' or bigger drops and I think it's just too much.

Bank-n-yank--I'll check that out. Thanks.TC

rental locations

What we need to know is where to rent mtb's in LAX? There are some awsome trails on the ocean-side of Palos Verde just south of the Torrence airport. Any suggestions?

I have rented in the LA area at Rock n Road. They usually have a large rental fleet of specialized's in good shape. The San Juan trail is worth the drive (near san juan capistrano)

In Vegas there is some good riding: west side of town, is Blue Diamond or the Cowboy Trails (my home base) which are both very good. For those two try Las Vegas Cyclery They have bikes, maps, everything. Or on the east side of town go to All Mountain Cyclery and then hit boulder city (you can ride from the shop).

In PHX, obviously ride south mountain and there is a shop w/rentals basically at the trailhead (Jamis XLTs available). The best kept secret in the area though, is that Titus has a demo fleet available at their production facility in Tempe. Good excuse to go to Tempe for lunch (extremely high concentration of hotties), go by Titus and pick up a demo worth $5k plus, and then ride South Mountain...

If you ever find yourself in or around Park City in the summer, Cole Sport has some good rides for rent and you can catch a lift (or ride preferably) up to the mid mountain trail. Excellent ride.

There are others, but those I frequent.

If anyone is ever in Vegas and wants to do some mountain biking, I know the trails, and where to rent good rides. If interested, shoot me a PM

Hey do you have a link for one of these trikes? The riding in AK sounds epic.

One cannot say one has mountain biked until the tires have done Alaska & the redrock in the Southwest. (& I live in the mighty Northwest!) :)

Here's the link to the aluminum versions of the Hase trike. They've got at least one new delta trike model (they're all based on the "Kettweisel" frame), and have a kind of offroad version too:

http://www.hasebikes.com/ens/kettwieselal/index.php

If you do a search you can find a company, I believe in Australia, that makes a four-wheel bicycle, but it runs about $8K :eek: ; too rich for my blood!

Bike on!

C

Last edited:
Epic Turkey day ride stories

Be sure to jot down your Epic Turkey day ride tale before family time. I'm starting the Turkey day ride in Fairfax this year 745am show. Pine mountain loop and Kegs at the finish. We're going early to hit up the kegs. I'll be posting tommorow.

Pre turkey day ride tale. Got home from a flight late last night. Out early hit up the local trails. About a 30 min grinder to the top of a fire road connects to a sweet trail with a bench and a nice view of mount tam. Then a short paved section (there used to be an old Nike missle site where I ride). After that about 1.5 hours of pure singletrack bliss. Found a new trail too. Doesn't happen every day. At about 10am I'm home and working on laundry and Jepp revisons.

I just finished packing my backpack for a 3 day surf trip. 8 mile hike to a secret point break. Life is good!

Well this is my first time being home for Thanksgiving in the past five years. I celebrated this with a group CX ride last night and I'm just getting the touring bike ready (fenders, pannier bags and lights) to go ride around town and grab some last minute food items for the big feast today. Perhaps I'll throw in a few intervals between the stop lights on my ride over to the in-laws.

Have a great Turkey day !!

Afternoon ride yesterday canceled due to aircraft issues. (no big deal, 200+ miles in the last 7 days) Today off unless I can't stand it. Tomorrow begins a mini training camp with some buds. 3-4 hours each day fri, sat, and sun. May skip sunday for church and ride in the afternoon. This has been a fun thread. I'm glad we kept it going. What about the PC12 gig? Who cares!

PC what now?

Tomorrow I am starting my training for next year's CX season. No particular reason except I can still eat a bunch of really unhealthy food today, and I thought there's no better day to start a training program than one called "Black Friday." It will start off with mostly running though (about 12 weeks, actually), with a few easy road spins for "off" days. Next spring/summer will come the intervals on the bike.

Speaking of which, I sold my old road ride and my new MTB ride on ebay, and picked up a Cannondale CAAD8 which I will put many training miles on (I never have intended to race road.) Meanwhile, I will save my pennies to get the components to complete my CX ride in time. We'll see if it happens. If worst comes to worse, I could race my old MTB in CX for the first year--it's pretty heavy though.

Oh yeah, speaking of CX, anyone planning on going to CX nationals in PVD? I'm going to go Saturday (the 15th) and watch.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

-Goose

P.S. Bank-n-Yank, Cool avatar.

Last edited:
I'll be in PVD racing the Mens C category. The CX ride is down for repairs, so be looking for a my backup ride, a blue mid 90's Stumpjumper.

There is also another excellent race this Sat in Sterling, MA. Take I-290 south to Rt. 12 South. Go through the center of Sterling. About 1.5 miles past the town center take a right onto Bean Rd. Go .2 miles. Turn right onto Boutelle Road. .2 miles to Chocksett school. More info on www.bikereg.com

Hope to see you there Goose Egg.

Epic turkey day ride. I'm guessing the vis at 60. You could see Tomales Point from Pine Mountain loop maybe all the way to kings ridge. Great views caught up with loads of friends. Usually I'm too busy to do these kinds of things. This was all happening under the golden gate 4 arrival to SFO. A little NE of PYE. Just to add some dorky pilot talk. BIKE NERDS FOREVER!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1194164636&n=2

Ahh Sterling. Been there many times, both flying and driving--did some of my first grass takeoffs/landings there.

Anyway, if the weather is anything like today, I'll be out on my new road ride trying it out. (I was out late last night, and I'm going to VT (near LEB) for a tree-lighting tonight--probably going to be back late again. So I'm going to sleep in. Best of luck in the race though. I'm definitely planning on Nationals. Any other CX races between now and then?

Took my trusty Specialized Hard Rock (now) 8-speed on some trails here in ASH as sort of a warm-up before I really start running. Rode for an hour at ~150 BPM. I just love that bike. I'm not sure what it is, but it is just a great bike. I have all sorts of "plans" for how I can upgrade it. Just looked at the TAF... tomorrow road... and maybe some golf!

-Goose

I'll be in PVD racing the Mens C category. The CX ride is down for repairs, so be looking for a my backup ride, a blue mid 90's Stumpjumper.

There is also another excellent race this Sat in Sterling, MA. Take I-290 south to Rt. 12 South. Go through the center of Sterling. About 1.5 miles past the town center take a right onto Bean Rd. Go .2 miles. Turn right onto Boutelle Road. .2 miles to Chocksett school. More info on www.bikereg.com

Hope to see you there Goose Egg.

Latest resources

Back