• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shooting Myself in the Foot: Corporate Q's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with the above post. AF will give you the ability to have a good QOL while you gain more experience in the industry.
As an additional benefit, if you're a cyclist [see 1st few posts], NH is an excellent place to put many quality miles behind you. Who could complain with a CX race every weekend in the fall and track racing in the summer??

Thanks for the awesome replies guys. Some very good things to think about. You guessed it right too, it was Alpha...

And for the record, NH is ok... Parts of it I really like... (the TREMENDOUS road biking, for example) but I'm not particularly attached to it.

-Goose

Last edited:
well a few people like rollos posted correctly about the company there are a ton a good things about the company but there are some neg things just like any company...I used to fly for this outfit and things were great but i had the same concerns as you do. I have many friends flying for the regs making less than 25 and some doing alright with the regs.......its gonna break down to what you really want to do. The airlines may look down on it while some may say yeah thats great you ll do alright. Alpha is only going to continue to build up. They have a lot of great plans for the future and thats great but i am happy that i moved. when i saw that afdrivers website was closed i thought that was complete bs and mgmt had to of had a lot to do with it. Not all the mgmt there is bad its just a few that shouldnt be there all together but oh well that happens everywhere. If you decide to take it its a good move and you will be flying a lot since they need pilots. the contract sucks and its there because ppl were getting good job offers and leaving (me being one of them). So yea that sucks but it should tell you the job offers in the corporate field are there and ppl value the time ur getting there.....its a fun job and a great airplane. if you have any questions on this comp feel free to pm me and ill let you know more

Option 3. Good Luck to you.

Hey all,

Just an update... I gave it a lot of thought and there were good reasons to go either way, but I really couldn't get past my total lack of multi time and forgoing an immediate opportunity to get it.... well, that and the 1.5 year contract. A year and a half is making captain in a multi-turbine at some outfits. That's hard to turn your back on when multi time is so important down the road.

So, I decided to hold off. I'm going with option #3, get my 100 and see what happens.

Thanks you all for the input! It really helped!

-Goose

You better buy the carbon mtb while you're single or you'll be riding a 75 lb. Iron Horse I got on an internet sale like me... :( TC

Aluminum, dudes... aluminum and clinchers. That's all I can afford right now. ;)

Is it just me, or have you guys found that you really like to work on bikes too. I'm not sure what it is, but I really like it. I think it all started when I bought my first road bike, but I wanted to use a different wheelset than the one that came stock, but with original cassette. So with the advice from the bike shop, I made the change myself. Now I'm adjusting deraileurs and pulling cranks and all kinds of fun stuff. Not only do I love to ride, but I love to wrench too! I think I found a hobby! (I guess that will keep the future wife (whomever she may be) happy--no repair bills for bikes... if only greens fees were so easily dealt with.)

Anyway, I think for me, carbon on an MTB and anywhere other than the fork on a road bike would be overkill, and I think I'd actually prefer aluminum on a CX bike... besides, if I were going to put a lot of $$ into a CX bike, it's probably gonna be drivetrain/tires.

Ahh... I just love talking bikes. It's almost as fun as talking airplanes!

-Goose

Last edited:
Not the first, not the last.

Love it all. Wrenching, talking, most of all ripping the best singletrack the world has to offer. Right now I'm running a Paramont with a new Dura Ace groupo. I also have a WTB pheonix for the dirt. Both Cro Mo. My goal with aviation is to make enough money to ride nice bikes but have enough time off to go fast. So far its working out ok.

Of course I'm not the first. It's nice to have something in common with the Wrights. I've read they preformed early aerodynamic tests on the handlebars of the bike. I guess it was cheaper than a wind tunnel.

http://www.wright-brothers.org/History/Wright Story/riding.htm

Latest resources

Back