Shoes! My dogs are barking!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gandolf

After trying various and moderate priced shoes, i am still at the point where the best part of my day is kicking off my shoes at the end of a duty period (pretty sad). Any suggestions on uniform-compatible shoes that are COMFORTABLE! Price is no object!!

Try Clark's, they're an english company and a good shoe. They run about a hundred bucks.

KiddDynomite

I bought a pair of black Dockers dress shoes almost two years ago and they're still in real good shape and very comfortable. I did replace the insoles recently but I've got more use out of them then I expected. About 70 bucks.

I bought a pair of Doc Martins for $69 at JC Penny's almost a year ago.. Best shoe I've ever worn!!

Dr. Scholls shoes are very comfortable and cheap. Perfect for the underpaid regional pilot. You can get them at places like Wal-Mart (the place for underpaid pilots to shop) for about thirty bucks.

Buy a pair of Florshimes, they are more comfortable then any pair of shoes I have ever owned dress, tennis, or any kind of shoes for that matter. They are just a little over $100 and will last for a while and always look good.

Dr. Martin's are by far the best shoe I've ever flown with. I even use them on days off! There are tons of styles I have wing tips and they are well worth the $

:) :) :) I think I have the answer to your problem.I strongly recomend checking out these shoes before you buy a pair. I have a similar problem with tight fitting shoes. Anyway, Birkenstock came out with a pair of dress shoes called the "Kensington" Which look and feel great. I saw them in a store in Marina del Rey, Ca which is not too far from LAX.Some web sites didn't have them when I tried to find a better price so be persistent. The cost was $199, but I think it was a good deal for the comfort level.

Latest resources

Back