• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rockports are the way to go

Mr.Aviation said:
Rockports. About $120.

I have to agree with the suggestion for Rockports-not only do they look good-but they feel awesome-like a comfortable pair of tennis shoes-but still stylish and professional.
Remember the commercial when the guy ran a marathon in a pair of Rockports-it sure feels like you could.

I feel your pain!

In addition to the other great suggestions, you might consider some "quality" insoles. As a runner, I always remove my shoe's factory insole and replace it with a good aftermarket footbed. If you like the look of your current shoe and just want more comfort, it's something to consider.

Spenco makes good insoles for $15-$30. You can find them at any shoe store or sporting goods shop.

Best of luck! TF

I just put of pair of Dr. Scholls inserts ($7.99) in my rockports the other day and it made a big difference walking around and being on my feet all day.

I second the inserts...I put a pair in my Kenneth Coles and they made a huge difference.

You might also try Ecco shoes. They have a pretty good reputation for comfort, but at a price. I found the fit to be a bit unusual for me, however. I'm still looking.

God bless the Chinese

I buy an ankle boot from Walmart called Fanfare. They are very comfortable and cheap. $20.00 They are great for walking around on the ramp in all the slush. I get a new pair every 3 months, if ever my feet start to hurt I just think of the price, and I feel better. In reality I have gone dancing with them all night, and my feet felt great--but then maybe it was the Tequila.

Timberland Gore-tex... Get them at the outlets for about $80. Truly weather-proof and guaranteed for life. Anything goes wrong, bring them to a timberland store and walk out with a new pair for free.

Rockports - at the outlets for around $40 - last forever, light and comfortable.

Johnston & Murphy

I have finicky feet and have been looking for comfortable shoes for years..... Having that said I bought a pair of Johnston & Murphy shoes about a year ago and prefer wearing them to comfortable tennis shoes. After a long duty day my feet feel the same as when I put them on at "0 dark hundred". The only thing that might sway your decision to try them out is the price about $100 and up. They have stores in most major malls and also on the web: http://www.johnstonmurphy.com. Hope this helps you out.... Shafted

I've been wearing a pair of Ecco shoes for about a year now, and they've very comfortable. Took a few days to break in, but after that, I didn't know they were even on. And they're lasting much, much longer than the string of cheap shoes they replaced.

Doc Marten wingtips, definitely. My pair has lasted for 2 years now and they are very comfortable. They look nice and they're worth the few days of breaking in. (Their boots are nice as well). Mine ran me about $130, but I'm thinking they can be found cheaper. Try a department store.

Ravengirl

Latest resources

Back