• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

shoes at security

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another vote for Doc Martens. I just took a magic marker and made my yellow thread black. Never taken them off at security, never beeped.

QP

Deer Stags

Deer Stags - Inexpensive - Great Quality, Comfy, Professional looking as well.

regarding Docs

That is the other part. The darned things last forever. And you can dress 'em up or down. Rumor has it that Sketchers just purchased them though. Not for nothin' but I heard you could also walk through Skydrol and not hurt 'em. I think I'll pass on that test.

Doc Martens hands down. I have this style 1461-59

They are basic black. The best thing about these is the classic yellow stitching has been blacked out.

The DR is in

I have had about 20 pairs of Doc's and they rock. In the past year or so, they started to make a dress shoe that is shiny and satisifies all uniform police. They are just as comfortable as the traditionall yellow lace shoes and they look pretty darn sharp. They have a shoe and a 3/5 dress boot in this shiny new model. I think I paid a benjamin and some change for the shoes but they are well worth it.

I love em and they don't beep.

If the Doc only made belts....:(

See Yaaaaaaaa

Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Doc's are it, however that gum sole on ice is slicker than you know what. And one more thing, dont black out the yellow threads, screw the monkey suit cops and join the revolution... Yes to Doc's and NO to hats

J Crew makes some good shoes and they have lasted me 2 years so far (dont beep). If you go to an outlet you can find them cheap. I spent $50.00.

You could take these suggestions for the easy way out...

Or, you could be bold and risk looking like a fool doing it the way I shopped for shoes last time. I took a strong magnet into DSW and spent about an hour testing all the shoes that I liked with the magnet. I got some funny looks from people but I ended up with a nice looking pair of shoes that don't set off the TSA thingie. The shoes I bought actually do have a metal shank, but the magnetic attraction wasn't nearly as strong as some of the other pairs I tested.

About a year ago I took some advice from this board and have been very happy. Deer Stags. Get the ones with S.U.P.R.O. Sock on the souls. JC Penney, 45 bucks, very comfortable, never sets off the TSA folks.

Docs

Shoes for the summer and 12 hole boots for the winter. Walking around in the pink goo in shoes is condusive to wet feet!

Latest resources

Back