Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

inthepool

My name is Inigo Montoya
Does anyone know where to find shoes that won't beep at security? Taking them off everytime is certainly a pain in the ass. Not interested in boots please, just regular shoes. Thanx in advance

Try Dunhams available at New Balance stores. In addition to not beeping they are comfortable, waterproof, and I'm sure meet the uniform standards at any airline.

I bought a pair of Bostonian slip-ons that don't buzz (even with the buckle), and are easy on/off if they make you take them off.

Metal is not why they want to run your shoes through the machine.

Been covered before but...

Try Florsheim Comfortechs. Extremely comfortable and just under $100! No shank, no metal, classic look.

I use a brand called Deer Stags. My last pair lasted me almost 2 years. They are very comfortable, and never set off the machine. They cost around 45 bucks a pair. Pretty good for Regional wages.

People balk when I say Docs because of their traditional yellow seams between the leather and the sole. I have a pair without that - which pass for dressy enough to wear with the clown suit but casual enough to wear with jeans or khakis for nonrevving/jumpseating or overnight outtings to restaurants etc...

I've had mine for almost 3 years and they're still in great shape. The best thing is that they're comfy, but are also fat, petrol, alkalai and oil resistant. They also hold up great from glycol filled winters.

FO

Ecco's. They are very comfortable, and have no metal. They last forever, but can be slightly expensive.(But worth it)

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes: :cool:

Latest resources

Back