shoes and security

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sloppy Floors!

I have been taking my shoes off (Wolverines by the way...killer tread that grips all surfaces) and haven't thought much of it. Yeah, it's been a nuicance, but tolerable for the quality and comfort of my shoes. But, I agree, when the weather is crap like this past weekend and everyone is tracking in slop, especially in terminals with hard surfaced floors instead of carpet, it is a bummer to 'do the walk' in socks on a wet floor.

I've decided that in poor weather, I'll just do the walk and eat the inspection afterwards. At least then, I'll have a shoe'd TSA officer walk my shoes back through the x-ray while I sit in a dry chair.

shoes

When I was hired at Air Willy in Oct 2000 I bought a pair of boots at a place called Tuxall in Denver. I am still wearing those same ones. Tuxall is a store that caters to police, firemen, and ambulance drivers, paramedics etc. These boots have syntetic soles that are still in good shape and the leather has held up through two winters in Chicago. The best part is they do not set off the metal detector. I even won five bucks at the security checkpoint in JAX. The TSA guy said to take them off as they would set it off. I said I was feeling lucky today and would bet him they would make it through and bet him five bucks. I won he lost. The boots are very comfy and are not to hot in the summer. P.M. me if you want the number. While getting your boots you can also pick up a slim jim or police lights for the top of your car!

Good Luck

I like the Deer Stags, reasonable priced around 40.00$ and good soles. I love the look on the TSA when I breeze through the dectector. they look up at it like its not working!! priceless.:cool:

Latest resources

Back