Shiny-Jet-Syndrome: The Career Killer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
h25b said:
O.K., in an effort to make sure the blame is properly placed here I go again... For those who do blame the CFI, I think it's prudent to remind those that the mainline unions DID goof that one up. RJ's NEVER should have been scoped out to the regionals. By doing so ALPA (and APA, etc..) essential entrusted our profession's future to the SJS infected CFI's. To use a quote from A Few Good Men, the rest of this arguement ids just, "smoke filled, coffee house crap..."

"Because we were threatened by the growing RJ population."

Bye Bye--General Lee

General, the only reason you were threatened by the growing RJ population is because YOU allowed the out sourcing in the first place! The concessions you took can (and should!) be traced directly back to the out sourcing screw up YOU committed! Instead of blaming us RJ fliers, why don't you admit YOUR mistake and go back to the bargaining table and fix it? YOU and YOUR refer to ALPA mainline or "legacy" carrier MECs, who made this mess in the first place.

doh said:
"Because we were threatened by the growing RJ population."

Bye Bye--General Lee

General, the only reason you were threatened by the growing RJ population is because YOU allowed the out sourcing in the first place! The concessions you took can (and should!) be traced directly back to the out sourcing screw up YOU committed! Instead of blaming us RJ fliers, why don't you admit YOUR mistake and go back to the bargaining table and fix it? YOU and YOUR refer to ALPA mainline or "legacy" carrier MECs, who made this mess in the first place.

Putting the blame soley on the mainline guys is the same as the CFI's having SJS.

Trying to 'figure' it out so you can walk through the terminal feeling righteous isn't the way to go.....

You can blame it on whoever you want. The bottom line is that it is the Walmartization of America. It's happening in other industries too.

I Agree

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Putting the blame soley on the mainline guys is the same as the CFI's having SJS.

Trying to 'figure' it out so you can walk through the terminal feeling righteous isn't the way to go.....

Yeah I agree...

Putting the blame on the rj guys is no better. That was my point.

Yup... i'm gonna bump my own thread back up to the top. Why? Because I can. :)

Besides, don't you want your newhire copilots to read it? ;)

FDJ2 deserves some kind of award for one of the most creative, funny and true to life satire I've ever read on Flight Info. Really, you must have an educational backround in TV/Film. I can spot Production experience as easily as Small Lift Providers in a grocery store. Your backup career is assured!

Latest resources

Back