Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

luv2fly

SWA FO
Anyone hear about the multiple "going back to the line" vp's over at JB Flight Ops?

Not back to the line - off to start a new healthcare venture. If our CEO's baby brother is half as effective with his new company as he was here...short the stock! I'm moving up the list one slot and most are moving up by two.

There is a purge of the upper floors in Forest Hills underway, but we don't know if it's just the BoD finally catching on to the lack of organization, the nepotism, or if it's signaling a pending "transactional event."

Thanks for the Info, rumors are flying here as well. Apparently we are manning a "Procedures Development Group"...one can only speculate, but our procedures are not in need of a "Group" to develop. We are finishing up our RNP Step 4 which pretty much changed all of our procedures, but hey I guess having a procedures development group after the fact is just as good! :)

When developing new and cutting edge procedures, one need only consider the acronym "W.W.K.D."...

...What would a Kernal Do

A solution, Bates said, might be for American to buy hundreds of 100- to 120-seat jets, eliminate its American Eagle subsidiary and take over the routes flown by 50-seaters. American could then hire the Eagle pilots. The per-seat cost would decline and passengers would be happier with the bigger planes, but not so happy with the reduced frequencies. "I'm hoping that's part of the plan going forward, although I haven't yet broached it with management," Bates said.

Not back to the line - off to start a new healthcare venture. If our CEO's baby brother is half as effective with his new company as he was here...short the stock! I'm moving up the list one slot and most are moving up by two.

There is a purge of the upper floors in Forest Hills underway, but we don't know if it's just the BoD finally catching on to the lack of organization, the nepotism, or if it's signaling a pending "transactional event."

"Transactional event" could you elaborate on this quote.

Transactional Event = merger, buyout, sale of a significant part of JB, or purchase of another carrier. It's the term used in our employment agreements. There is a lot of concern that the purging in progress could be signaling some sort of drastic change in JetBlue in the near future.

Could the 190's be going to Republic?

Latest resources

Back