SFO security

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sstearns2

You can no longer take a soft drink through security in SFO. I was there yesterday and was told I could not bring my cup of Coke with me through security. I almost lost it. Where are the libertarians (or whoever) screaming about all these invasions into our freedom and privacy?!? Why are we letting this happen??

Does anyone know who to write to or call to voice opposition to all of this?

Scott

Its funny they wont let you take a Coke or a pair of tweezers across the checkpoint but you can go to TGI Fridays in the terminal and steal the metal forks and knives and take them on the plane with you

Anyone ever notice that if the wand picks up metal on your body and they cant find the source they still let you on the plane?

I love the way airport security is standardized. In DC you can take your coke past security, you just have to put it in these nifty containers they have and send it through the x-ray machine.

Flydog, I set the metal detectors off ALL the time (my shoes), and on some occasions the hand wand doesn't even beep when they search me for the metal that set the detector off. WTF?!?!

Oh well, I don't mind the constant hand searches anymore because they give you a relaxing leg massage every time. :D

Skeezer

One of my favorites is when they make you take your laptop out and turn it on to make sure its not a bomb

I guess the assumption is no one has the technology to manufacture a laptop that is also a bomb

You cant take ski poles on the plane but you can take an umbrella that has the tip that would skewer a bull. Does it ever rain inside an airplane. WTFO?

Which TGI Fridays have metal knives past security???? I made the mistake of getting a steak and it came with a plastic fork in PIT.

hahhaa...
the last round, i have forgotten to take the whole bunch of metals out from my bag, which i took with me most of the time for work on repairs stuff. It wad a whole bunck of metals ranging from spannar, pen-knife, helen-key, screw-driver,etc... all bundle up together... there are a total bout 8-10 of them together. Went through the X-ray thingy, and was pass of as nothing, they didn't search me or anything... i think the bundle can out on there X-ray screen was messy that they are not able to identify what it was actually... phew! :D

Another act of consistency.

A golf club or clubs is a security no-no and we all know how golfers love to keep those graphite and titanium clubs in perfect condition.

So the other day, I'm sitting on the plane (as a pax going to work) and four guys with lacrosse sticks come on board. Big guys each with two sticks. Am I missing something here?

I gather that since some GS-4 in the FAA can't spell lacrosse to add it to the list right under golf clubs and hockey sticks, we'll just have to live with it.

On a radio talk show, someone was going through all the stuff found on the air side of the terminal that could be turned into weapons. The one I really loved was metal license plate frames - bend the ends off and you have two wonderful weapons that cut almost as good as box cutters.

But our security is going to be enhanced because LAX is now going to man every ticket counter with a security guard.

Stop the madness.

chperplt said:
Which TGI Fridays have metal knives past security???? I made the mistake of getting a steak and it came with a plastic fork in PIT.

I could've sworn I got a metal butter knife with my Jack Daniels chicken during a layover (read: in the secure area) in MSP last November...

Latest resources

Back