SFB - Delta Academy...taxi lessons?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nikoz1200

Just wondering why out of all the Cirrus I taxied behind today in Sanford, not one was on centerline, but in the center of the right side of the taxiway. Is this a new thing they are doing in case of oncoming traffic or something?

It's been that way for years. You're correct in the oncoming traffic situation. It allows for bi-directional taxi.

It's been that way for years. You're correct in the oncoming traffic situation. It allows for bi-directional taxi.

great idea.....until you whack a wingtip into something then get to explain why you wern't on the centerline.

Sounds like people are making up their own policies now. Next it will be landing on the right side of the runway cause the deer usually jump out from the left.

I've never flunked an applicant on the taxi before but there is a first time for everything.

great idea.....until you whack a wingtip into something then get to explain why you wern't on the centerline.

Sounds like people are making up their own policies now. Next it will be landing on the right side of the runway cause the deer usually jump out from the left.

I've never flunked an applicant on the taxi before but there is a first time for everything.

Actually thats how ground says to taxi. Ground will say something like "taxi to 9L via Kilo right side"

Thats pretty messed up! Out of curiosity...how wide is the taxiway?

Actually thats how ground says to taxi. Ground will say something like "taxi to 9L via Kilo right side"

me: "unable"

since when does ground sign for the plane?

That is the most stupid clearance to accept. Good luck. If you see a QS tail coming please stop and dont taxi next to me.

I don't think that would be much of a problem since most of the QS tails I see are already parked on the ramp and haven't moved in some time

lol.....ok since you threw that card out, wanna compare W2's?

I didnt think so.

Dont turn this into some juvenile thread. My point being that ill get kinda pissed if a ground controller attempts to give me unsafe taxi instructions. Ill be even more pissed if one of those students takes him up on that offer while im in motion.

Latest resources

Back