Serious Question: CAL or FEDEX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey All,

Thanks to all that have answered candidly. Those of you that answered with stupid insults aren't worth my time. There are even a few on this board that know me personally, at CAL and FedEx. Thanks for your input.

I grew up at CAL. As a kid, my family vacations were ALPA trips to DC (CAB Days) to deal with the Lorenzo crap. My Dad had Frank Lorenzo by the collar and up against a wall... literally!!! Something none of you can say you did..or witnessed. My Dad, and people like him, are the only reason CAL exsists today. Those of you with cajones the size of my father's know who you are and don't need to brag.

I have seen family's ruined, houses lost, and lives threatened over this profession. My sponsor at FedEx flew with my father at CAL.

To say that I have an emotional connection to CAL would be an understatement. It would be irresponsible for me to not seek as much input as possible before making this decision. I have four kids and a very supportive wife to consider. I have a father that has given much of his life to save a company he loves. This is not an A vs. B decision.

I believe that I have made my decision, but I need to let it all settle before I am sure. Those of you with candid and constructive comments have been helpful and please don't stop. The rest of you are lucky to have what you have and don't even realize or appreciate it!!!

Albie and SG... Thank You for your help!!!

Careful

LivinDaDream said:
Hey All,

Thanks to all that have answered candidly. Those of you that answered with stupid insults aren't worth my time. There are even a few on this board that know me personally, at CAL and FedEx. Thanks for your input.

I grew up at CAL. As a kid, my family vacations were ALPA trips to DC (CAB Days) to deal with the Lorenzo crap. My Dad had Frank Lorenzo by the collar and up against a wall... literally!!! Something none of you can say you did..or witnessed. My Dad, and people like him, are the only reason CAL exsists today. Those of you with cajones the size of my father's know who you are and don't need to brag.

I have seen family's ruined, houses lost, and lives threatened over this profession. My sponsor at FedEx flew with my father at CAL.

To say that I have an emotional connection to CAL would be an understatement. It would be irresponsible for me to not seek as much input as possible before making this decision. I have four kids and a very supportive wife to consider. I have a father that has given much of his life to save a company he loves. This is not an A vs. B decision.

I believe that I have made my decision, but I need to let it all settle before I am sure. Those of you with candid and constructive comments have been helpful and please don't stop. The rest of you are lucky to have what you have and don't even realize or appreciate it!!!

Albie and SG... Thank You for your help!!!

Very interesting. I have a very similiar story with my father. You have got to go with FEDEX. You go to CAL and you sign up to re-live some aspect of the turmoil he went through every trip. It really does not get better with time. Dealing with all the negatives of changing sleep cycles you might endure at FEDEX will be a distant second to what your body will go through with CAL.

Fedex.......Why? Its FRIEGHT baby!;)

Latest resources

Back