September :Atlas Class Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Remington said:
I heard the the Polar class next week is cancelled.
Any news about this?

Just got the call today. Nothing like a five day heads up.

yep polar. was told that it was due to the "labor dispute" as she put it. oh well, what can you do.

no, that's cool, I have applied also, my friend is a Capt on then -400 and another friend just started, in fact he is still in DEN.

good luck, sounds great.

hoping for a call, thought that because of the labor dispute i may not be called for awhile...

later.

No sir, you're mistaken!

Mike15601 said:
Mar, I may me taking your post wrong...

No problem, but I wasn't talking about you. In fact, I wasn't talking about anyone in particular.

My response was to IPFreely (who was responding to KeroseneSnorter) about upgrade times on the -200 vs. the -400 and why anyone (third person singular) would move over to the -400.

I was just merely pointing out that someone could get two type ratings and be much more marketable with some experience behind them...

...and to be perfectly honest, this advice has been offered to me personally by some of our more senior guys: Go get typed in the -400 and then apply somewhere else....

Yeah, I see the logic, but I've never flown glass (am slightly afraid of it) and I love the -200 too much.

Welcome to Atlas. I think you'll dig it.

Good luck to the PO folks! Atlas makes more $ but Polar has better QOL, I dont` see Atlas folks giving up $ or Polar giving up their QOL under a merged contract! It could be good for everyone, right!!!! I hope there will be a "no furlough as a result of the merger" clause. Any impact on Atlas hiring or class dates yet?

Fliteidol said:
Good luck to the PO folks! Atlas makes more $ but Polar has better QOL, I dont` see Atlas folks giving up $ or Polar giving up their QOL under a merged contract! It could be good for everyone, right!!!! I hope there will be a "no furlough as a result of the merger" clause. Any impact on Atlas hiring or class dates yet?

There won't be any furloughs on the PO side as long as there are Atlas guys doing PO flying. Thats a contract fact. Plus the merger is on hold:

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/050816/166072.html

Last edited:
This is a little off subject (maybe), but could someone tell me where the intial training takes place and how often you get leave to visit family during the first three months at Atlas? I'd assume that you do NOT have jumpseat privlidges until you are on line. Is that correct also? I'm just curious a to how much of a family hardship the intial training is in addition to the $1200/Mo. you are supposed to get by on (I guess that's why we have a savings account).

Thanks.
- TT

Last edited:
TIP, training is in Miami. You get your ID the first week and can start jump seating. You will be in Miami for two months and have some days off that you can get away.

Latest resources

Back