• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sep SWA DB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just curious what the stats were for the August interviewees? I have heard SWA hires about 20% and they interview about 150 a month so that should equal about 30 phone calls and 120 no thank you letters?

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? Anyone?:nuts:

HoursHore said:
Let me Predict the Path this thread Takes.

2 Weeks of "Any Calls?" "Any Letters?" *bump*

Then 2 Weeks of Got the Call!!!WooHOO Got the Letter....BooHoo

Interspersed in there wil be Laments about why the acceptance rate is so low, and that acceptance rate and interview process will be defended by the SWA guys on this board.

Then on Oct 1st or there abouts a new thread will emerge....
"Anyone know when the OCT SWA DB is?"

See following threads historical background.......

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=61086&highlight=SWA+DB

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=59912&highlight=SWA+DB

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=58972&highlight=SWA+DB

ETC...ETC...

Seriuosly, just having a little fun at this perpetual thread. I know its nerve racking waiting for results. Good luck to all interested Topic

Don't forget the weeks of people bickering over who should be hired...Military or RJ pilots and why Turbo Prop PIC just isn't what it used to be.

Waborita said:
Just curious what the stats were for the August interviewees? I have heard SWA hires about 20% and they interview about 150 a month so that should equal about 30 phone calls and 120 no thank you letters?

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? Anyone?:nuts:

I heard pretty bad. Played golf last week in Dallas with 2 interview captains, my buddy knows. Real nice guys, but they said its about 1 in 10 at the DB (there words not mine) In fact one of them said it could get up to 1 in 15.

Mach92 said:
I heard pretty bad. Played golf last week in Dallas with 2 interview captains, my buddy knows. Real nice guys, but they said its about 1 in 10 at the DB (there words not mine) In fact one of them said it could get up to 1 in 15.
This sounds reasonable to moi. The also-rans and "almost good enough for AA" who made the company what it is, are now not quite good enough.

If SWA keeps this up, maybe someday they'll be worthy of joining ALPA. You know, with all of the genius's working there, (meaning all of the recent water walking newhires) Not to disparage the new hires, I occasionally get sarcastic when considering that SWA has gotten sooooo picky compared to the group that was glad to get UAL's leftovers.

I hope they succeed. In the mean time, I think I'll have another gin.

:)

Don't forget to write the next chapter of your book on how to win friends and influence people while you drink your gin.

FJ

Falconjet said:
Don't forget to write the next chapter of your book on how to win friends and influence people while you drink your gin.

FJ
Oh man, you've got me. I've got no friends, and don't influence people. Being the poor miserable soul that I am, I can only troll around on anonymous bbs.

I don't work for FedEx, and don't have any aspirations to do so. I'm one of only a few who doesn't have an ap in, but maybe I should just so we can meet. Until then, this is an anonymous bbs, don't get your panties in a wad.

Are you as shallow in real life as your retort would seem to make you out? Do I need to put the word sarcasm in all CAPS for you next time?

Just to be clear, again, my rhetoric is aimed at a management team that succeeded (for a long time) beyond most peoples wildest dreams, with pilots who were hired during a length of time when SWA was not at the top of (most) anyones list. Now, that their is an overabundence of truly qualified airline pilots, SWA has changed their hiring criteria into one more suited for the space program.

I liken their current hiring process to a fisherman who fed his village well using a two inch net. He then heard that there were some six inch fish in the ocean so he dumped his old net, took out the six inch net and cast it out. Now he catches enough fish, but why change.

I'm sure that SWA will claim to have gone after the best available pilot during their entire existance, and I'm sure that they have; but the best reports available today indicate that SWA is now rejecting pilots who they previously would have hired. My entire crusade is against the HQ thought process that is essentially looking down on the thousands of pilots they hired pre-9/11, many of whom are my friends. Not that someone as miserable as myself has any of course.

In short, I prefer to dance with the one who brung me. SWA should do the same. That my friend is not a comment on the employees, it's a comment on the bureacratic process that hires them. Next time why not try and reflect that not all members of these forums are itching for a fight with fellow pilots?

Now, that I've got that off my chest. My apologies to any past or future SWA newhire. I'm trying to defend you in my own flawed way.

:)

Latest resources

Back