Sentient Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

psysicx

Is there any difference between Santient Jet and a charter company? Do they offer more variety of aircraft or is it easier to set up a flight? And do people choose fractionals instead for safety?

The difference is in the pay and QOL.

:)

psysicx said:
Is there any difference between Santient Jet and a charter company? Do they offer more variety of aircraft or is it easier to set up a flight? And do people choose fractionals instead for safety?

Sentient Jet is a charter company. They bought Atlantic Aviation Flight Services a few months ago if I remember correctly. Basically they operate just as EJM, Jet Aviation, TAG, etc do. Own the charter certificate and manage a number of clients airplanes under that cert.
As for Safety, my guess is that most clients have no idea what constitutes safety in aviation. Most are given the polished sales line "we've never had a serious accident" or the proverbial "two captain" thing ala NJA or the "our pilots exceed all FAR requirements and are the most expeienced" blah blah blah. I bet very few actually pay for an impartial third party safety audit whether they decide to go with JoeBob's Jets or a fractional.

Thanks for the info. Definitly would be good to have a third party safety audit. I didn't know Sentient had any aircraft. It seems like a good idea. You don't have to commit to one type of aircraft. But its just like buying a card for so many hours at Tag.

Many charter operators these days benefit from third party safety audits. Wyvern, ARG/US and IS-BAO all do these audits.

The fractionals do as well.

For what it's worth, a certain FBO based out of Lincoln, NE that I will not mention has at least one aircraft that is contracted to Sentient.

Sentient sub-contracts all of their flying. I don't believe they own even one aircraft. The purchase of Atlantic will change that, but I would wait and see how they handle maintenance issues and other ownership hassles they have never had to deal with.

Eagle-ista said:
Sentient sub-contracts all of their flying. I don't believe they own even one aircraft. The purchase of Atlantic will change that, but I would wait and see how they handle maintenance issues and other ownership hassles they have never had to deal with.

Agreed, but so does JA, EJM, TAG, AIRGroup (subcontract). Most if not all of their fleets are owned by other entities which these charter/management companies then use on a contractual basis to derive revenue. Sentient essentially just bought their way in by aquiring AAFS an doing essentially the same thing. IMO their success will be determined by how well the execute the program with the owners and the charter clients.

English said:
Many charter operators these days benefit from third party safety audits. Wyvern, ARG/US and IS-BAO all do these audits.

The fractionals do as well.

and the requirements are stupid. For Wyvern someone with 4000 TT in a cessna 172 is more quilified then someone with 3500TT with 2000 hours in a Learjet.

Latest resources

Back