• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sennheiser Headset ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
what airlines are you flying the 737 for that your using ANR headsets? Jumpseating on CAL, I have rarely seen either pilot wearing anything but the single piece on the outside ear? I'm told there is no voice activated intercom on the 737?

I fly for SWA. I've used the earpieces I think you are referring to and yes some do use them (it's not an airline thing). It's a cheaper alternative to spending the cash on a better product IMO. I don't know.... I know what you are saying though. I'm just looking at the long term and want to protect my hearing and the 737 is a little louder than other cockpits. Maybe I'm just getting old

I have been using the -25's for over 5 years. 737, 717 and Airbus. I can hear the other person better with the cup on my ear and the ANR on than without any headset or the ear uncovered.
I would probably go with the newer ones for weight and space savings in the bag, but don't let the ability to hear through the cup fool you.
And yes, volume at 9 or 10 O'clock is nice...

Has anybody used the Clarity Aloft who would care to give a review.

I currently use a Bose X which works fantastic -- i've had it for about 4 years -- but I fly a Learjet and i barely have room in the cockpit for a container of tic-tacs. The clarity alofts seem a lot more head-hitting-windscreen friendly than the Bose.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back