Sennheiser Headset ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SKYBOUND

I am going to replace my Telex 750 for an ANR headset and narrowed it down to a few products. So far I'm looking at the Sennheiser 46, Telex 850, and the Clarity Aloft. Im in the 737 and the Bose with the adapter mic (U Fly) is not an option unfortunately. I noticed that the new Sennheiser 46 did away with the cup style ear pieces the 25 had. Looking at the picture it looks like they went with the foam like the 750. I was wondering if the new 46 model was a good option in the 737 or if anyone had a review of their own with these models.

I'm totally unfamiliar with the Clarity Aloft product but have heard good things about it.

The HMEC-45 is a good headset also. Many with the -25 end up placing one earcup off of the ear to hear the other crewmwmber. I have had a 45KAS (stereo, you can adjust the volume independently in each ear)) for 7 years and have been very happy.

Let us know what you end up going with. I have a Telex 750 and just recently started flying the 737... damn that thing is loud, even the NG.

I can't say I would never buy the X because I have never tried it. I 'hear' it's an outstanding product but for $900 but this will hopefully be my last headset for a while and I don't want to have to pull the earpiece aside to have a conversation. That kinda defeats the purpose (saving my ears) of a $900.00 headset. I also want to be able to use the headset while commuting listening to music or a movie. If I can hear voice without moving the cup off my ear and have good performance, comfort and protect what little hearing I have left I'll be happy.

I am using teh 850 after selling my 750's. I must say that i like and it works perfectly for the wind noise issue. I used to have the volume at 3o'clock position now it is at 10:30. I am happy and dont have to pull a side off to hear the other person.

I am going to replace my Telex 750 for an ANR headset and narrowed it down to a few products. So far I'm looking at the Sennheiser 46, Telex 850, and the Clarity Aloft. Im in the 737 and the Bose with the adapter mic (U Fly) is not an option unfortunately. I noticed that the new Sennheiser 46 did away with the cup style ear pieces the 25 had. Looking at the picture it looks like they went with the foam like the 750. I was wondering if the new 46 model was a good option in the 737 or if anyone had a review of their own with these models.

I'm totally unfamiliar with the Clarity Aloft product but have heard good things about it.

HMEC-45 is awesome for me. I've used bose and telex and the sennheiser is the one for me. The 45, BTW, is the only one made in Germany. FWIW

Latest resources

Back