Seniority has everything to do with longevity

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MCDU

Anybody who disagrees with this hard fact has a real twisted way of spinning things for their own personal gain. Even the airline bases everything on your longevity. Only some greedy, self-serving pilots seem to disagree. Pilots are there own worst enemy. That is why so many Pliots vote republican. Somethings just do not make sense.

My condolences to all Midwest pilots that have had their jobs and seniority ripped away from them by republic pilots. Eats dog eat dog and I blame ALPA for their shortsightedness.

M

Anybody who disagrees with this hard fact has a real twisted way of spinning things for their own personal gain. Even the airline bases everything on your longevity. Only some greedy, self-serving pilots seem to disagree. Pilots are there own worst enemy. That is why so many Pliots vote republican. Somethings just do not make sense.

My condolences to all Midwest pilots that have had their jobs and seniority ripped away from them by republic pilots. Eats dog eat dog and I blame ALPA for their shortsightedness.

M

I'll take my 6/1991 hire date please. Even though at Southwest it's nearly 10 years later than that.

Gup

M

Translation, please.

Jaeger and posting just don't go together.

BTW. Since I haven't seen a "one list" thread in a year or so I'll give this one 5 pages.

Gup

August 1993 (ATP). First SWA interview, June 1997.

I think I should get my start date at UPT under that argument!!! Or better yet maybe I should get my PPL date.

BTW...I have been voting republican since my first election. That is not because I am a greedy pilot, but because I think that most dems have a twisted view of the world.

Seniority equals longevity at the airline where you were hired. In a merger, that goes out the window. 10 years at Skywest is not the same thing as 10 years at Southwest. To suggest that the two should be the same on a merged seniority list is laughable.

Seniority equals longevity at the airline where you were hired. In a merger, that goes out the window. 10 years at Skywest is not the same thing as 10 years at Southwest. To suggest that the two should be the same on a merged seniority list is laughable.

Yea, what he said! Let's up the ante even more and say Mesa merged with Southwest. As for Republic though, those guys deserve jack squat. That was always a bottom troll airline, and should be placed underneath just about any other pilot group out there in a merger. I do have condolences towards the US Airways group though, because again mentioning Mesa, I thinks a large quantity of the "dude, I'm just here to get my time, and get on with the majors" went to Mesa and then on to America West. You can blame ALPA, but I think the biggest blame goes first to the what best for me, me, me crowd which unfortunately is spread far and wide among the professional pilot crowd, ALPA or not.

So people flying MD-80/DC-9/A-320/B737 and larger get double seniority anyone flying anything smaller gets half seniority...that way a former RJ guy who just got hired into an MD-80 gets put way ahead of his former colleagues at his former employer, and since we all know that someone who hasn't even finished sim training in an MD-80 is at least 4 or 5 times the pilot he was the week before, and the ex ATA guy who spent 20 years flying 73's or 75's but is now a lowly RJ captain is, as we all know, a terriable pilot by grace of the equipment he flies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back