• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seniority for sale at Mesa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Screw Mesa, I just got word from a reliable source that they took over our crew room in CVG. MESA SUCKS!

OK now that's out of the way...
Why would anyone want to go to CHINA for the same pay they are getting staying right here in the USA? When they are paying other people 2+ times as much to go over there? Take the extra money stupid!

but why the outrage?

'Outrage' might be too strong of a term, but several of the pilots considering this don't get the idea that they are paying for their own seniority. It simply begs the question, Is 3 years of seniority at Mesa worth $80,000? That's the tradeoff. Maybe it is worth it... I really don't know. If Mesa goes through the bust to boom cycle like XJ did, maybe it is a good idea.

Doesn't it bring up the concern about companies playing with the last pillar of the pilot's lifestyle? (It used to be pay and benefits and now it's seniority). For example, what if a non union carrier offers two payscales? One with rights to keep your seniority after you leave and one that doesn't. Clearly seniority has value and it boggles the mind to think of how airlines can play games with it.

Alright, I see the distinction now. And yes, it's total B.S. Equal work for equal pay would be a nice place to start.

Almost forgot, Mesa sucks.

What in the hell don't you get? We have announced more furloughs....if this is something you would like to do..do it..keep your seniority and let a junior person keep thier job. Typical F.I. BS.

'Outrage' might be too strong of a term, but several of the pilots considering this don't get the idea that they are paying for their own seniority. It simply begs the question, Is 3 years of seniority at Mesa worth $80,000? That's the tradeoff. Maybe it is worth it... I really don't know. If Mesa goes through the bust to boom cycle like XJ did, maybe it is a good idea.

Doesn't it bring up the concern about companies playing with the last pillar of the pilot's lifestyle? (It used to be pay and benefits and now it's seniority). For example, what if a non union carrier offers two payscales? One with rights to keep your seniority after you leave and one that doesn't. Clearly seniority has value and it boggles the mind to think of how airlines can play games with it.

Poahi, a little off topic, but whatever happened to the lawsuit concerning Mesa/Aloha? I know Aloha was trying to sell the lawsuit, but I understand it got underway sometime in Oct? With a fat bond due in Feb. and a major court fine possibly in the future, it all isn't making much sense.

Trojan

Latest resources

Back