Senior People Hoping for Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ASA_Aviator

Recently I ran into some people hoping that ASA furloughs so their credit hours will be back to normal. (ASA has reduced overall line values to minimize the costs of keeping people on.)

Is it just me, or does that seem selfish?

Yep very selfish.....I heard a guy say that at skywest too...I did say..."hey, thats pretty selfish".....needless to say...he was kinda a dweeb.

Yeah selfish indeed - but the last time I knew it was a dog eat dog world (unfortunately). All this "we're brothers in arms" crap is nonsense (again unfortunately). All this brother together under a union (aka ALPA) is also bull (unfortunately). Nobody will feed your family if you don't work - so do what you can and make ends meet. Frankly nobody gives a toss if you're out of work or in work. Nobody. ALPA won't remember you for a second, they won't put food on your table...... neither will senior captains (or any other pilot for that matter). Being a realist - each one for themselves. Everyone knows it (so no sugar coating the truth please). Yes we'd al like to think and say "it's a nasty thing to say" but being honest - nobody gives a toss if you're in work today or not (unfortunately as harsh as it sounds). REALITY CHECK!

Did you remember to take the pills? There is unity, you're looking at the wrong place, like the regional industry. That will always be a dog eat dog, that's the principle of a regional airline. Do you honestly think ALPA should give two ********************s about a TSA or Mesa pilot vs a 10-20 year pilot at Fedex? NO!

Yep very selfish.....I heard a guy say that at skywest too...I did say..."hey, thats pretty selfish".....needless to say...he was kinda a dweeb.

Funny thing, at SkyWest...it was the JR guys who didnt want a union screwing up their upgrade (so they can move on to another job with Union representation), while many of the SR guys who plan on staying at SkyWest thought a Union would give them a better position to bargain with for the rest of their careers.

Recently I ran into some people hoping that ASA furloughs so their credit hours will be back to normal. (ASA has reduced overall line values to minimize the costs of keeping people on.)

Is it just me, or does that seem selfish?

Two things.

1) I've never heard anybody say that, but I am sure somebody out of our 1700 pilots would say that.

2) That dip********************'s opinion doesn't sway what ASA Mgmt decides.

We got that message from our own union at Comair. Keeping the min line value low (and I quote) "Would ONLY save 50-60 jobs."

In other words, 60 people aren't worth making 76 hours a month compared to 80ish.

Latest resources

Back