• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Senior on Reserve ExpressJet/SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm a pretty senior reserve in EWR and only broken 75 once this year. I really think it depends on your call out time. If your on the 3:30 callout you'll get used alot and break guarantee routinely. But the 12:00 callout which I bid quite often is the least used call out time. But I guess I average 50-60 a month or so. If you use the aggressive pickup window it helps out alot. I would rather be on a 4-day then manning my phone in the crashpad making sure I have a signal. Once on a 4-day they have to find me to change something. The worst thing is just the min days off and then not being able to commute in on the front or back end of the reserve days. That makes it feel like you're constantly working. I think the flying for reserves might pick up more for the summer with the short staff and not adding new reserves in COEX bases.

They are adding reserves to the coex bases, not alot, but some, maybe 3-5 per class total for all coex bases. Reserves typically get the stuff thats not productive anyway. For the 4 months I was on reserve I never broke guarantee yet I got 500-600 bucks of per diem each month, which means I was gone all the dam time, I bid the 330 am reserve every month because I got fri, sat, sun off all month and still didnt get used alot. If you are on reserve at XJT(reserve line holders, RA and RX days) your gonna get used somewhere. Dont think you could come here and sit senior reserve and not get used, not gonna happen.

ExpressJet is growing. Reserves are working like crazy. The other day we got a memo that said December 2006 was the highest amount of block hours in our history...(about 80,000 I think)...after that it took a big drop because of CAL's love-fest with Chq. However, for July, we're passing that all time high for total block hours with all of the new ops. Us COEX guys/girls are getting sent out to ONT and LAX to do branded/Delta flying because staffing is short. I'm sitting in the Holiday Inn Airport LAX right now after doing a Delta 4 day. Don't come here if you don't want to work on reserve.

Tim

XJT is so under staffed right now it's like being a slave. I still only have to work 10 days this month but I had to work the system for that... The line divisor is very high, it should be less than 80 hours a month and it's way more than that.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back