Senior on Reserve ExpressJet/SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flash 7

Just wondering how often your used on reserve if you bid it intentionally and your very senior? SkyWest/ExpressJet

Thanks!

SkyWest has a bucket system. Seniority kind of goes out the window because if there is a 2 day trip and the only guy in the 2 day bucket is a lifer he will do the trip even if there are 10 junior guys in the 3 day bucket.

Well, I'm proabably in the top third of the brasilia captains and am based in Santa Barbara. I bid reserve thinking I could hid out and have a light month. Well, I'm on day 2 of 5 and hello from Sun Valley, Idaho.

Scott

Sounds similar. Reserves are getting abused right now so I can not imagine many senior are bidding it unless it is for days off. There is a 12 hour call out that is nice and we have an aggressive line improvement for reserves where they can pick up trips 12-24 hours prior. Min day off 11or12 depending on how many days in the month. We have floating reserve lines which give you 14 days off. Our reserves got a lot of improvements in our last LOA. I would still rather be a line holder.

At XJT, any open time being picked up for the rest of June, at all bases in either seat, is being paid at time and a half. No way they'd pull that if our reserves were sitting at home not being used.

Latest resources

Back