• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Senile" rides

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Uh, no where did I say "you older generation" or anything age related? Dan "old guy" Roman, go read it again with your glasses on. What I said was take the pictures of the folks sleeping, no mention of age anywhere in my post. I to have flown with some sharp 59 year olds, and some sleeping 59 year olds. Lighten up Francis.

Well the thread is about "senile rides" but if you say so. In which case you are throwing stones at the whole profession. Sticking videos of a sleeping pilot you are sharing the cockpit with on You Tube is trying to demean the profession for your own personal little vendetta. In this day of Fox news mentality, it could easily be blown way out of proportion, not to mention I could see grounds for a lawsuit.

We all know the challenges that time zones, layover hotels, red eyes, intl. flights, etc are to being rested. Clearly it makes good sense to catnap at cruise to be more alert for landing.

Pardner, for the love of all that is holy, you need to video some of their sleeping on the flight deck and post it to youtube...

I used to fly with a 73 year old captain on a DC-4. And yes, basically one we were at cruise, he would tell me I had the controls, then he would fall asleep almost as fast as Abraham Simpson.

But the guy could put fly a DC-4 and put retardant next to a fire like no ones business.

Latest resources

Back