• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

enigma

good ol boy
I just heard this on WBAP.

http://www.wbap.com/listingsEntry.asp?ID=358186&PT=newscenter820

http://www.wbap.com/images/i_title_newscenter820.gif

Senator proposes Solution For Love Field

DALLAS (AP) - U-S Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison has offered a compromise that would allow Dallas Love Field passengers to fly anywhere on a single ticket without repealing the Wright Amendment. Hutchinson suggested the concept of ``through ticketing'' yesterday as a way to improve passenger air service in North Texas without eliminating the flight restrictions at Love Field. The Wright Amendment, passed in 1979, restricts long-haul flights from Love Field, home to discount carrier Southwest Airlines. The intent was to help growth at then-new Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, home to American Airlines. Through-ticketing would allow passengers to fly anywhere from Love Field on a single ticket, as long as they first make a stop within Texas or in seven nearby states. Now passengers must buy separate tickets and collect and recheck luggage when they fly beyond the limits of the Wright Amendment. End of quote

To me, this is a good sign for SWA. If the good Senator thought that the WA could be defended, she wouldn't be attempting compromise. She knows that it's going down and is trying to salvage as good a deal as she can for DFW.

The wright is wrong,
enigma

Yes, the senator needs to put down the cough syrup and get a clue. I thought only liberals said stupid things.

I'm still waiting for Lowecur to chime in. Did he get banned?

anyway, ... I'm surprised that you SWA boys haven't had more to say about this. It must just be a slow time of the week.:D

enigma

Latest resources

Back